No Loose Morales
- Morales' paralysis. Jarboe, Jan // Texas Monthly;Jan94, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p60
Discusses Texas Attorney General Dan Morales' performance in his first term. Indecisive performance; Handling of conflict-of-interest charges against members of his staff; Conflict-of-interest about pending cases; Attempt to block the execution of convicted Houston murderer Gary Graham; Charges...
- Up in smoke. // Business Press;4/5/96, Vol. 8 Issue 49, p7
Reports that Texas Attorney General Dan Morales has filed a multicourt federal lawsuit in the US District Court against the nation's biggest tobacco companies, alleging violation of federal racketeering laws.
- Texas slaps smoking suit on fast feeders. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;2/28/94, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p1
Reports on Texas Attorney General Dan Morales' deceptive trade practices lawsuits against Burger King Corp., Kentucky Fried Chicken, Long John Silver Inc., McDonald's and Taco Bell Corp. Reaction of the respondents to the suits; Tieup of the suits with the principle of smoking prevention in...
- Dan Morales. Draper, Robert // Texas Monthly;Sep96, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p116
Features Dan Morales as one of `Texas Monthly' magazine's top-twenty Texans of 1996. Earning respect for his role as the Attorney General of Texas; His launching of a $4 billion lawsuit against the tobacco companies in March 1996; Other cases for which Morales has drawn attention; Why he is...
- 'Dime con quien andas, y te dire quien eres' Dubose, Lou // Texas Monthly;Mar2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p92
Features Dan Morales, a former Texas attorney general and candidate for governor. Path taken by Morales in his political career; Number of terms served in the state House of Representatives; Flaws of the lawsuit filed by Morales against the tobacco industry; Impetus for his candidacy.
- Former AG now out of prison. // Munday Courier (TX);1/3/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p2
The article states that the, Dan Morales, an attorney general has been released from federal prison in Texarkana.
- Lawsuit leads to quality concerns. J.G. // AHA News;09/16/96, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p6
Examines the lawsuit filed by Texas Attorney General Dan Morales regarding the presence of unlicensed assistant surgeons in operating rooms. Remarks to complaints by Mary White, spokesperson for Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.
- Texas brings $4 billion suit against nation's largest tobacco companies. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Jun96, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p90
Reports that Texas Attorney General Dan Morales has filed suit against several tobacco companies. Allegations against the companies.
- NAII praises upholding of record confidentiality. // Insurance Advocate;05/04/96, Vol. 107 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the commendation of the National Association of Independent Insurers (NAII) regarding the confidentiality of documentation decision of Texas Attorney General Dan Morales in the market and financial investigation of insurance companies. Retraction of January 1996 opinion of Morales on...