Getting the GRIP
- Louisiana Taking $303M of TIMED Road Bonds to Market. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/27/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33104, p28
The article reports that Louisiana will issue second-lien gasoline and fuel tax bonds at $303.5 in a negotiated sale. This move will benefit the state's Transportation Infrastructure Model for Economic Development (TIMED) capital improvement program. It will include $200 million of variable-rate...
- Pima County, Ariz., OKs $2.1B Plan; Mesa Rejects Property Tax. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32384, p6
The article reports on the different reactions of the voters in Arizona to several bonds proposed by the state. Pima county residents approved the 2.1 billion dollars' budget for regional transportation projects, while Tempe voters permitted the 210.5 million in bonds for street improvement and...
- Maine Governor Unveils 2-Year Transportation Plan, Including $75 Million of Debt. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;4/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31606, p3
Maine Governor John Baldacci introduced the second of four bond ballot initiatives that will be put before the state Legislature, a 622 million dollars two-year transportation plan that includes 75 million dollars of state borrowing. The Democratic governor's plan, released on March 31, 2003...
- San Francisco's Bay Bridge Project Gets $1.3B Boost. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31231, p3
Reports on the Bay Bridge project in San Francisco, California. Budget allocation for the project; List of bridges also undergoing retro fitting; Sale of the California Department of Transportation revenue bonds.
- Unique Ohio Financing Paves Way for Future Development. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31920, p32
Reports that the Dayton-Montgomery County Port Authority will sell to the Ohio Department of Transportation Infrastructure Bank of taxable development revenue bonds using a financing arrangement that could be employed in other transportation projects. Use of the proceeds of the sale to purchase...
- RESTARTING TIMED. Stinson, Sonya // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/1/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p13A
Reports the establishment of Transportation Infrastructure Model for Economic Development (TIMED) program in Louisiana. Purpose of the program; Upgrade of 16 major projects in the transformation of the state; Cost of the projects; Proposal of the Department of Transportation and Development of...
- Jacksonville, Fla., to Issue $94M in Revenue Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p1
Reports on plans to issue revenue bonds in 2002 by the city Jacksonville, Florida for its several developments. Comments of the city's mayor John Delaney on fluctuations in sales tax collection; Areas for which fund was recommended by the city committee; Overview of the Better Jacksonville Plan.
- KANSAS: Get Your RZ Bonds Here. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p7
The article announces the plan of Kansas Department of Commerce to take applications for statewide allocations of 46 million dollars recovery zone facility bond capacity and 31.5 million dollars recovery zone economic development bonds on July 1. 2010.
- Sunshine State Cities Chart Downtown Renewal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/9/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31199, p32
Focuses on the economic development projects despite slowing economy in Florida. Details on the revenue bonds issued to finance infrastructure projects; Approval on the multi-phase downtown waterfront project; Use of taxes to back revenue bonds.