- 2011 Property Tax Rates in CITY OF MUNDAY. // Munday Courier (TX);8/ 4/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p4
The article focuses on the notice concerning the property tax rates in Munday, Texas in 2011 including debt taxes, operating taxes, and adjusted tax base.
- The Many Tax Benefits of Owning Real Estate. Lai, Richard T. // Review of Business;Spring2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p43
Discusses several tax benefits from real property ownership. Types of home debt; Conditions that should be met concerning points or origination fees paid by taxpayers; Cause of the popularity of refinancing.
- Limiting Losses Attributable to Nonrecourse Debt: A Defense of the Traditional System Against the At--Risk Concept. Coven, Glenn E. // California Law Review;Jan1986, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p41
Discusses problems in the taxation of debt-financed property transactions. Deficiencies of the existing system; Partnership rules that should be assumed under the principles of the Crane system; Liabilities produced by the traditional approach to cancellation-of-indebtedness income.
- Ohio Valuation of Personal Property in a Lump-Sum Transaction Involving a Complete Business, Division, or Entire Plant. Chen Meng Lam; Steines, Charles M. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q2, p1
The article discusses the valuation method used to determine the true value of taxable personal property acquired in a lump-sum transaction involving a complete business, division or entire plant, according to the Ohio Department of Taxation in March 2005. The valuation method applies only to...
- Factors affecting property tax reliance: Additional evidence. Chicoine, David L.; Walzer, Norman // Public Choice;1986, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p17
This paper contributes to the understanding of the variation in property tax reliance. Factors thought to underlie the relative use of property taxes in financing local public services are examined. Because of the importance of external debt and tax limits in determining both tax policies and...
- County Commissioners propose tax rate of .39626 per $100 valuation for '06-'07. Cohn, Lew K. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);8/17/2006, Vol. 99 Issue 33, p1
This article reports on the proposed tax rate of Van Zandt County Commissioners for the 2006 to 2007 period. The new tax rate, which is lower than last year's overall rate, includes a maintenance and operations rate of .33906 per $100 valuation and a debt service rate of .05720. Due to an...
- AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT. // Administering an Estate;2007, p7
A chapter from the book "Administering an Estate" is presented. It explores the duties of the administrator of an estate after being appointed, the management of the estate and the debts of the decedent that should be paid. It highlights the duties of the administrator such as deciding on...
- New York taxes are the nation's highest. // Buffalo Law Journal;5/17/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the results of a taxation report issued by the Public Policy Institute. Based on fiscal 2005 data from the U.S. Census Bureau, per-capita taxes in New York state were $5,770 or 56% above the national average of $3,699. Property taxes were found to be the fourth-highest in...
- A Nassau warning. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/21/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 66, p14A
The author reflects on the financial crisis facing Nassau County in New York. He stresses that the financial condition is brought by the ignorance shown by the county's government officials towards the issue. He points out that the mismanagement of property tax assessment program by assessor...