D.C. Does Biggest Charter School Issue Ever, With Investment-Grade Ratings
- Friendship Students Earn Scholarships. // Washington Informer;1/13/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 63, p18
The article reports that Friendship Public Charter School has announced the five students who have won Posse Scholarships which will enable them to attend Pepperdine, the University of Wisconsin and Bucknell.
- Friendship Public Charter School: Where the Journey to College Begins. Grant, Jeffrey // Washington Informer;Sep2013 Back to School Supplement, p5
The article offers information on the Blow Pierce School run by Friendship Public Charter located in Washington which is tuition free and offers programs in language arts, social science and fine arts.
- DC EDUCATION BRIEFS. // Washington Informer;4/17/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 27, p19
The article offers education news briefs related to Washington D. C. as of April 17, 2014 including release of the updated calendar for the DistrictÃ¢â‚¬s public schools, need of 77 million U.S. dollars by the public schools and visit of the U.S. first lady to Friendship Public Charter...
- EDUCATION DCBRIEFS. Rowley, Dorothy // Washington Informer;10/1/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 51, p22
The article offers news briefs in the education sector in Washington, D.C. as of October 2015. The Brent Elementary School will hold its annual International Night on October 16. The Harlem Fine Arts Show was visited by students from Friendship Public Charter School's Collegiate Academy. State...
- My Journey from D.C. to Vermont. Lee, Khalil // Washington Informer;9/17/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 49, p29
The author reflects on the social lives and education of African-American community in Washington D.C. He also refers his experience from Friendship Public Charter School's Collegiate Academy to the University of Vermont. His academic interests, progress in politics, and supportive environment...
- Model Colorado Charter School Hopes to Pique Interest. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31207, p30
Features the revenue bond deal that will be launched by Boulder Valley, Colorado-based Peak to Peak Charter School. Value of the deal; Rating below investment grade; Aim to use the money from the August 27, 2001 sale to build a campus in Lafayette.
- Texas Orders Shutdown of Five Charter Schools. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31511, p4
Reports on the closure of five low-performing state charter schools by the Texas officials on November 12, 2002. Reasons for the closure of the schools; Report on charter school movements released by Fitch Ratings. Factors responsible for low performance of state charter schools; Analysis of...
- Legislation Keeps Charter School Bonds Coming in Colorado. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p38
No abstract available.
- Chicago Charter School Plans $7M Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p38
Reports on the plan of Chicago, Illinois-based Perspective Charter School to issue $7 million of bonds through Illinois Development Finance Authority. Purpose for which revenue generated through the bonds would be used; Requirements for charter schools under Illinois laws; Names of placement...