Michigan Agency Kicks Off Series of Airport Sales With $353M
- EMM Launches Bond Index. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p1
Presents the bond sentiment index, a monthly gauge of how investment banks are weighing their external debt portfolios, of several regions as of November 2002. Asia; Latin America; Europe.
- MARKET MOVERS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/4/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p1
Presents news on the investment sector in developing countries as of August 4, 2003. Performance of the C bond of Brazil; Status of Egyptian debt; Pressures on Philippine debt.
- Interest Returning for Euro HY CDOs. Colomer, Nora // High Yield Report;5/13/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p1
Focuses on the demand of corporate bond-backed collateralized debt obligations in Europe. Price of the Pacific Investment Management Co. deal; Preference of investors to asset-backed bonds; Effect of high levels of distress on trading flexibility.
- Riverside, calif., to Sell $240 Million for 'Renaissance' Plan. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32507, p3
The article reports on the plan of Riverside, California to issue about $240 million of debt by January 2007 to fund a program called Riverside Renaissance Initiative. According to assistant city manager Paul Sundeen, the cost incorporates $384 million of regularly programmed capital spending....
- RISK SUMMARY: HONDURAS. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Sep2007, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p5
The article presents a risk summary for Honduras. It states that the country is a relatively low political-risk country. The plan of the government to issue global bonds will be a significant development in the Honduran debt market. It adds that the country is ranked 98th in the corruption...
- Mississippi Revisiting Postponed Deal With $50 Million of Variable-Rate GOs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32238, p4
Reports on the plan of Mississippi to price a variable-rate general obligation bond issue representing a portion of the debt to be sold but was postponed. Use of the proceeds of the capital improvement bonds, Series 2005 to fund various road and university projects; Offer of standby bond...
- Are you in need of a reliable income stream? Marishel, Fred // Australasian Dental Practice;Nov/Dec2009, p100
The article discusses fixed income instruments which can earn steady returns at a low risk to the invested capital and a higher priority for payment than equity in case of liquidation. Retail bonds, which are issued by governments and corporations, earn a specific interest rate for a specified...
- South Dakota's Evangelical Lutheran to Sell $24M of Notes. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32010, p7
Reports on the sale of medium- term revenue notes by the Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society in the U.S. Statements of Evangelical chief investment officer Tom Peterson regarding the outstanding debt for hospitals; Issuance of new and refinancing tax-exempt bonds; Creation of a new...
- Detroit Plays Small Role in Daily Investment Strategy, But Issues Loom. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/15/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33995, p1
The article presents information on the bankruptcy filing case in Detroit that has led to the discussion over the treatment of general obligation bonds and other debt. As per Benjamin Schuler, managing director of Research, Municipals, Fidelity Investments, Fixed Income Division, Detroit...