Alabama Wins $12 Billion Judgment Against Exxon; Award Faces Appeals
- CATALYSTS. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;1/17/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p8
Deals with the settlement deal made by catalysts additive maker Intercat company with Exxonmobil company due to royalty dispute. Amount of settlement; Details of the lawsuit; Background of Intercat.
- Royal treatment. Malamed, David // CA Magazine;Apr2011, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p45
The article offers information on the challenging process of investigating and proving royalty fraud for certain industries. It mentions several cases involving royalty frauds including the royalty payments on Apple's iTunes, a false claims in the oil and gas industry, and an underpayment of...
- ARGUS. // Orange County Business Journal;8/5/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p74
Presents news briefs concerning the U.S. as of August 2002. Funding raised by U.S. President George W. Bush for the Republican Party; Disappointment of investors on the earnings report of Exxon Mobil; Signing of the Corporate Fraud Bill into law by President Bush.
- The brightest and best in environmental stewardship. // Buildings;Oct95, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p46
Focuses on the environmental awareness program by Mobil Corp. Features of the program; Three main areas of the program; Comment by Fred Schoeneborn, facility management coordinator in Mobil's Real Estate Services.
- Service, seamless operation maximize Mobil's headquarters flexibility. // Buildings;Oct95, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p49
Focuses on Mobil Corp.'s facility management operations at its headquarters complex in Fairfax, Virginia. Features of the company's strategy; Comment by W.H. Weber, manager of headquarters facilities operations and services; Features of the company's Facilities Management Network.
- Rangel-backed tax law pushes Mobil Oil to sell its S. African holdings. // Jet;5/15/89, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p5
Presents comments by Rep. Charles Rangel (D., N.Y.), whose legislation to tax companies doing business in South Africa led to Mobil Oil Corporation's sale of its South African operations.
- Mobil helps Midwest flood victims. // National Petroleum News;Oct93, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p85
Reports on Mobil Corp.'s cash donation to the Red Cross to aid victims of the Midwest floods in 1993. Amount; Company's plans to offer special payment arrangements for affected Mobil credit card customers; Mobil Chemical Co.'s donation of trash bags to help in the cleanup effort.
- Mobil continues upgrade of terminals. // National Petroleum News;Sep94, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p62
Reports on developments concerning the upgrading of Mobil Corp.'s Woodhaven, Mich. products terminal. Costs; Product storage capacity; Benefits derived from the upgrade.
- Mobil expands interests in Canada and Peru. // National Petroleum News;Oct94, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p23
Reports on Mobil Corp.'s expansion into Canada and Peru. Scope of construction plans; Views from company officials; Selection of Imperial Oil as its distributor.