- Seeking the elusive discount rate. Boykin, James H. // Appraisal Journal;Jul90, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p328
Focuses on discount rates. Income conversion methods; Interpretation of discount rate; Rate selection; Discounting process.
- Discounting: A Short-Term Fix With Long-Term Consequences. // Art Business News;Mar2002, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p70
Presents an article on the short-term and long-term consequences of discounting.
- A new look at a new discount rate: Discounting proposed... Chermak, Janie M.; Lowe, James K. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Winter97, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p27
Presents procedures for choosing the appropriate discounting and analysis techniques for multi-period Department of Defense (DoD) projects. Purpose of discounting; Different discounting policies; Circular Number A-94; Uses of A-94; Discount rates and opportunity costs; OMB categorization of...
- Money. // Hispanic;Sep1998, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p92
Focuses on the AmeriSpan Discount Card, used to save money while traveling in parts of Latin America. Advantages the card offers to holders; Cost of the card; Information on where the card can be purchased; Contact information provided.
- Hurtigruten Line. // AirGuide Online.com;2/15/2010, p10
The article offers information on the 20% discount offered by cruise firm Hurtigruten Line for its 50 coastal voyage departures in Norway from May 1 to September 14, 2010.
- CORRECTION! // New Yorker;9/1/1962, Vol. 38 Issue 28, p55
A correction to the article about the incorrect discount price for Barbecue Grill, which appeared in the advertisement for Floyd Bennett Store, that was published in the September 8, 1962 issue is presented.
- Friends card. // Australian House & Garden;Aug97, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p166
Presents information on a discount shopping card which is called the friends card. Details on the special offers and shopping discounts obtained from use of the card; Information on Sarah Buckley's designs; Estimated amount of savings on calabash fabrics.
- A Technique for the Analysis of Owner-Financed Sales. Dickerson, Frederick G. // Appraisal Journal;Jan1976, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p55
Discusses a technique in discounting acreage mortgages involving equal payments. Method of determining the discount rate to be used in that formula in the absence of direct market data; Dickerson formula; Derivation of a discount rate and formula.
- Problems in the Theory of Finance. Plane, Donald R. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Dec67, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p421
The article presents an abstract which refers to "Problems in the Theory of Finance" and Chairman Ralph Ringenberg of the University of Colorado and focuses on "Determination of Risk-Adjusted Discount Rates," by Donald R. Plane of the United States Air Force Academy.