- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p6
Presents book briefs of different publishing groups like, Encyclopaedia Britannica, Riverhead Books, and the Berkley Publishing Groups.
- Stephen King to Be Honored for His Writing and Philanthropy. // Book Publishing Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p4
Reports on the presentation of award to Stephen King as the recipient of the 2003 Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters by the National Book Foundation in the U.S. Institution supported by the event; Award history and previous winners; Plan of King to return the cash award to...
- NBA Costs Pose Hurdles For Smaller Presses. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 43, p16
Discusses the issue about the cost of being a nominee for the National Book Awards. Complaints from the publishing industry; Argument of the National Book Foundation for charging fees; Concerns of publishers.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;10/24/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 43, p4
The article offers news briefs related to publishing industry. Author, Lauren Myracle, withdrew his book "Shine," from the Young People's Literature category of the National Book Awards of U.S. National Book Foundation. The bookstore sales increased by 11.8 percent in August 2011. The chief...
- A look at the books on Madonna. Tresniowski, A.; Cole, W. // Time;9/16/1991, Vol. 138 Issue 11, p75
Presents brief reviews, in chart form, of three upcoming unauthorized biographies of Madonna. `Madonna Revealed,' by Douglas Thompson; `Madonna Unauthorized,' by Christopher Andersen; `Madonna: The Book,' by Norman King.
- Riverhead To Stay Course With Kloske Appointment. // Book Publishing Report;1/30/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on Geoffrey Kloske's appointment as vice president and publisher of Riverhead Books, an imprint of Penguin Group USA. It suggests that Riverhead will likely keep its publishing program split 50/50 between fiction and nonfiction when Kloske takes over. Kloske is the former...
- Iconoclastic by Design. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p17
Provides information on the plans of publishing company Riverhead for the book "Breaking Ground: Adventures in Life and Architecture," written by architect Daniel Libeskind. Number of copies Riverhead will release for the first printing of the book; Impression of the company executives on...
- 'Emergency' for Comic Cho. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;8/16/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 33, p14
Reports on the touring show and book "State of Emergency," by comic stage monologist, filmmaker and social activist Margaret Cho. Theme of the show and book; Contract signed by Cho with Riverhead president and publisher Julie Grau.
- Madonna's The English Roses Scales Children's Book Charts. // Book Publishing Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p1
Reports that music performer Madonna's children's book 'The English Roses' has emerged at the booksellers chart list in the U.S. Release schedule of the book; Criticism on Madonna's controversial career; Promotion of the book at the Oprah Winfrey Show.