Harry Potter Casts Spell in India
- Discovering Harry Potter. Bonamici, Kate // Fortune;6/27/2005, Vol. 151 Issue 13, p123
This article presents an interview with Barry Cunningham, publisher at the Chicken House Children's Books and the founding publisher of Bloomsbury Children's Books in Frome, England. When we started Bloomsbury Children's Books in 1995, publishing was full of "issue books" describing serious and...
- It's a wand-erfuI life. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;11/29/2004, Vol. 397 Issue 2, pA1
Discusses the impact of the publication of the book "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone," by J. K. Rowling, on the children's literature in North America. Reason of Barry Cunningham, manager of Bloomsbury's kids imprint, for publishing the book; Influence of the book on producer David...
- HARRY POTTER'S "MAGIC" FOR CAMBODIAN KIDS IS BERNIE KRISHER'S NEWEST LEGACY. // Media Industry Newsletter;6/15/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 24, p5
The article reports that "Newsweek" Tokyo bureau chief Bernie Krisher will be publishing low-priced, Khmer-language editions of J.K. Rowling's books "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets," for Cambodian people to read. "New York Times" opposite the...
- MILESTONES. // J.K. Rowling;2005, p4
The article presents a chronology of events related to the life of British writer Joanne Kathleen Rowling. It states that Rowling was born on July 31, 1965 in Chipping Sodbury,England. In 1987, she graduated from the University of Exeter and moved to Manchester, England in 1990. In 1997, she...
- Maintaining the Magic. // Promo;Jan2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p49
Profiles J.K. Rowling, author and winner of the 2001 Marketer of the Year award in the U.S. Career background; Impact of the success of her book 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone; Partnership formed by Rowling with Warner Bros.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book Review). Mendez, Corey // Scholastic Scope;1/22/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p4
Reviews the book 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone,' by J.K. Rowling.
- ABCs of DOS 6.2. Posesorski, Sherie // Books in Canada;May99, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p15
Reviews the book 'Harry and the Philosopher's Stone' by J.K. Rowling.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Berila, Gina // Teen Ink;Dec2001, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p34
The article reviews the book "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," by J.K. Rowling.
- Rarities and Curiosities Sell at Heritage Auction. // Journal of Antiques & Collectibles;Dec2007, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p60
The article reviews the book "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone," by J.K. Rowling.