Audio Book Facts at Your Fingertips
- Between the Lines. Flamm, Matthew; Valby, Karen // Entertainment Weekly;5/10/2002, Issue 653, p72
Presents updates on the book industry as of May 2002, including information on the Audie Awards for audio books.
- Audio bits. // Publishers Weekly;2/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p42
Presents information on the audiobook industry and trade. Tangled Web Audio signing a distribution agreement for the United States retail market with Partners Publishers Group; Closure of Audio Bookworm in Jacksonville, Fla. and Boston Audiobooks in Boston, Mass.; Jerden Record releasing...
- Audiobooks '99. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p42
Examines the development of the audiobook industry in the United States in the 1990s. Percentage of American households that listen to audiobooks; Cumulative sales growth of audiobooks from 1990 to 1998; Unabridged audiobooks; Compact discs; Retailers' increasing enthusiasm about audiobooks.
- Reelin' in the Ears. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;10/7/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 40, p32
Offers a look at the marketing efforts of audiobook publishers in the U.S. Factors considered in promoting audiobooks; Information on an annual awareness campaign conducted by the Audio Publishers Association; Significance of giveaways to audiobook sales; Promotion initiatives of S&S Audio.
- Audio: Bigger and better than ever. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p44
Reports on the BookExpo America, a book trade show held in Los Angeles, California, from April 30 to May 1, 1999. Focus on audio books industry; Increase in number of households that purchase audio books; Winners of Audie Awards.
- Adult Hardcover, Audiobooks Rally In April. // Book Publishing Report;06/18/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the improved sales of adult hardcover books according to the Association of American Publishers in April 2001. Percentage increase of the sales; Comparison of the sale of audiobooks in the United States.
- Audiobook Sales Surged in November. // Book Publishing Report;1/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p6
Reports on a 49 percent increase in audiobook sales in the United States in the month of November 2001, as compared to the same month in the previous year. Categories that also made sales gains; Decline in year-to-date sales in several key categories.
- Audiobook Month's Results Are In. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;10/4/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 40, p33
Reveals that sales of audiobooks in the United States continue to grow. Sales increase of audiobooks in 1998; Statistics on the audiobooks sales; Factors that help the sales to increase.
- Audiobooks online. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p48
Focuses on the developments in the online audiobook trade in the United States. Growth of Web sites selling audiobooks; Technological breakthroughs that allow consumers to download audiobooks directly to their computers; Online book retailers that include audiobooks in their merchandise mix;...