Americana Publishing Sells Audio Books Through Trucking Companies
- BOOK BRIEFS. // Book Publishing Report;11/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p7
Presents news briefs related to the book industry in the U.S. as of November 2003. Americana Publishing Inc.'s final stages of manuscript development for the book 'Hiding Under the Table,' by Dennis Henning; Hyperion's plan to publish a book by comedian George Carlin; Reason for the recall of...
- Americana Publishing Completes CD and Tape Duplication Facility. // Book Publishing Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p6
Albuquerque, New Mexico-based Americana Publishing Inc. has completed the installation of its art audio CD and tape duplication equipment. Company chairman and chief executive George Lovato said the new equipment would improve efficiencies while generating additional revenues. The company...
- New Web site launched to help small publishing houses sell books. // Book Publishing Report;10/04/99, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p5
Focuses on New Mexico-based Americana Publishing Inc.'s introduction of an electronic commerce site, americanabooks.com. Utilization of a proprietary search engine; Chance for customers to download audio books and electronic books onto personal computers.
- Multimedia Publisher Plans To Pick Up Printer To Strengthen Services. // Book Publishing Report;03/06/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the plans of multimedia publisher Americana Publishing Inc. to purchase a printer to expand the business-to-business services it offers to other publishers. Expected completion of the deal.
- L.A. Quiet. // Publishers Weekly;6/9/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 23, p22
This article provides information on the 2008 BookExpo America (BEA) held in Los Angeles, California on May 30-June 1. While no one was expecting the crowds to match those in 2007, this year's event posted a 21% decline in total registrants and a 31% drop in book buyers. Still, there were 28,000...
- Beijing Book Fair Postponed. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 19, p19
Focuses on the postponement of the annual Beijing International Book Fair in Beijing, China as of May 2003. Reason for the delay; Schedule of the resumption of the book fair; Impact of the delay on the domestic publishing business.
- Books on Target. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;11/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 47, p23
Focuses on the niche marketing and special sales campaigns of publishers in the United States as of November 19, 2001. Marketing efforts of Candlewick for the book 'It's Perfectly Normal,' and 'It's So Amazing,' by Robie Harris; Publicity campaign for 'Seek,' by Paul Fleischman; Target marketing...
- Americana Publishing Enters Online College Textbook Sales Market. // Educational Marketer;08/14/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the entry of the Americana Publishing Inc. to sell college textbooks online through its Web site americanatextbooks.com.
- Acquisitive Americana Publishing Buys Hollis, Starting Vanity Press. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p5
Reports on multi-media publishing company Americana Publishing Inc.'s acquisition of Hollis Books LLC. Expected boost in the sales of Americana Publishing in 2001; Publication of titles under the name, Hollis Americana.