Book Retail Superstores Ready to Face Mass Merchandisers During Holidays
- Maybe they wrote Shrill & Crier... // Quill & Quire;May99, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p41
Presents bizarre and baffling stories on the book industry and trade in Canada. Reason of the change of business plans of online bookstore Amazon.com; Expectations of B&N.com to raise its capital on the partnership with Furby manufacturers Tiger Electronics; Scrutiny on the list of favorite...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;5/13/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p8
Reports international developments in the book industries as of May 2002. Debate over the Kid's Fresh Talent books campaign launched by W.H. Smith; Negotiation of Smith with six publishers; Business plans of Waterstone.
- 2001: What odyssey? Anderson, Scott; Crawley, Devin; Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Feb2001, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p7
Forecasts the status of the Canadian book trade in the year 2001. Concern on the expansion plans of Indigo; Competition among websites over the holiday buying season; Efforts of book companies to diversify.
- U.K. Publisher Trolling For Local Talent To Head U.S. Office--Only The 'Very High Profile' Need Apply. // Book Publishing Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the business expansion of Hodder Headline USA in Great Britain. Selection of chief executive officers and publishers; Management of the literary fiction and non-fiction; Enhancement of the literary publishing program.
- IN THE LOOP . . . // Book Publishing Report;6/2/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p3
Reports developments related to the book industry in the U.S. as of June 2003. Retrenchment of employees by Scholastic; Formation of Yorkville Press by editor Kate Hartson; Expansion of Audible.com.
- Thomas Nelson Offers Stress Solutions in Time for The Holidays. // Book Publishing Report;11/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p3
Looks into Thomas Nelson Inc.'s initiative to release books around the holidays that are designed to help alleviate the tension of Americans. Types of books to be released; Name of books that has generated considerable amount of revenue; Table showing the company's financial performance for the...
- Raincoat fiction's new look. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Mar2002, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p4
Reports the decision of Raincoat Books to reduce its fiction list. Release of novel and short-story collections; Publication of fiction titles in hardcover; Avenue for poetry titles.
- Meredith Aims for the Big Time. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/20/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 8, p6
The article deals with the determination of Meredith Corp. to expand its book business by making use of its other corporate assets, which include some of the most well-known magazines in the U.S. Meredith began to rebuild its book business as part of a strategy to lessen its dependence on...
- Online Start-up RealRead Flips for 'Book Samples' Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;5/21/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 21, p31
Reports on the launching of RealRead as an online hosting service for book samples that allow users to view true-to-life representations of two-page spreads from books. Development of a Web-based program that displays a reproduction of a book's content; Goal of RealRead; Description of the...