When the post doesn't come
- Irish workers end strike. // Cabinet Maker;05/11/2001, Issue 5237, p3
Reports on the strike which threatened to disrupt furniture manufacturing in the Irish Republic.
- Port troubles threaten market-bound product. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the impact of a lockout of dockworkers at the West Coast ports on exhibitors of imported goods in the furniture market. Backlog of ships waiting to unload; Option for Asian-dependent importers; Impact on Standard's container direct customers.
- Direct mail: finding its place in the mix. Murphy, David // Marketing (00253650);10/14/2009 Top 100 Mailers Supp, p4
The article focuses on the issues related to direct mail marketing in Great Britain. It mentions that the economic crisis in direct mail's biggest sector, strikes by Royal Mail Ltd. postal workers, and the migration of marketing communication online causes a big impact in the downturns of direct...
- Royal Mail strikes have limited effect on business. // Marketing Week;8/6/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p8
The article reports on the results of the survey conducted by "Marketing Week" on the impact of the postal strike at the Royal Mail Ltd. on businesses in Great Britain. It states that 66 percent of the respondents had said they were not affected by the strikes while 22 percent of the respondents...
- Royal Mail promotes DM's brand role. Bold, Ben // Marketing (00253650);2/12/2004, p4
Royal Mail Inc. is preparing a Â£1.4m integrated campaign to encourage marketers to increase their use of direct mail as a brand-building medium. The work debuts next week and will include press advertisements, direct mail, wraparounds and online activity. The initiative had been planned to...
- Postal workers set to strike after pay talks break down. // Personnel Today;8/19/2003, p4
Reports on the impending national postal strike in Great Britain after failure of the postal company and workers union to reach at an agreement. Dispute about the pay offer to workers by the postal company Royal Mail Inc.; Threats of strike by the workers.
- Royal Mail strikes threatened as managers reject pensions offer. Mitting, William // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);3/27/2008, p5
The article reports on the increasing fears over a repetition of postal strikes in 2007 following the rejection of a revised pension scheme by Royal Mail managers. It was announced that 85% of Royal Mail managers balloted by the Unite refused the proposed alterations to their pension. The...
- Royal Mail ditches 'The Real Network' strategy. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);9/11/2003, p4
Royal Mail Inc. is to ditch its positioning as 'The Real Network' in a multi-million-pound marketing campaign that will be postponed until January if staff vote for strike action later this month. The company is planning an evolution of its previous strategy for the Royal Mail brand by focusing...
- Royal Mail. Brownsell, AIex // Marketing (00253650);9/30/2009, p19
The article reports on the series of strikes faced by Royal Mail Ltd. in Great Britain. Over the years, the British postal service firm has been weakened by several strikes made by the Communication Workers Union nationwide. In fact, the union is encouraging their members to conduct a...