Creative thinking for Ikea's Cardiff car park
- SPACE: THE ONLY FRONTIER. // Motor Transport;4/10/2003, p15
Profiles Swedish furniture retailing firm IKEA. Status of the business operations of the company as of April 10, 2003; Information on the distribution system implemented by the company; Actions taken by the company to deal with road congestion. INSET: The worldwide name.
- IKEA, Lowe's are coming to local retail market. Toth, Simone // San Diego Business Journal;05/03/99, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the expansion of IKEA, a Swedish-based furnishing company, and Lowe's, a department store company based in Wilkesboro, North Carolina, into the Fenton Marketplace, a $60-million shopping center development project, at Mission Valley in San Diego, California. Ground-breaking expansion...
- Assembling deals on flat-pack homes. Gallagher, Rosemary // Mortgage Strategy;11/7/2005, p31
Reports on the plan of IKEA AB to offer BoKlok AB Concept of flat-pack homes in Great Britain. Number of homes already constructed in Scandinavia; Estimates on the price of the house; Design of the houses.
- Coping with a crisis. Stephen, Nicky // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p29
Comments on how to handle and cope company crisis in Great Britain. Withdrawal of a television advertisement due to public complaints; Injuries to people caused by a sales promotion by Ikea AB; Problems in business that are usually encountered.
- Ikea suing Georgia developer. // Furniture/Today;1/31/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p35
Reports on the plan of Ikea AB to sue Jacoby Development Inc. alleging the delays in road and other infrastructure work could push back the opening of the retailer's superstore in Atlanta, Georgia. Optimism of the retailer for the opening of the store on schedule; Citation in the suit of the...
- John Lewis voted top of the shops. // Cabinet Maker;2/9/2007, Issue 5524, p6
The article reports that the department stores John Lewis and Ikea AB were voted as one of the favorite shops in a survey conducted by consumer organization Which? in Great Britain. MFI was close to the bottom of the top 50 list, and department store John Lewis came top, with Marks & Spencer PLC...
- Retail Briefs. // Home Textiles Today;12/6/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p2
Reports developments related to textile retail in the U.S. as of December 2004. Selection of Edwin Holman as chairman and chief executive officer of Federated Department Stores Inc.; Ground-breaking ceremony for Ikea store; Schedule for the last store opening of Anna's Linens for 2004.
- Final analysis. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p20
Comments on the growth of home textile specialty stores in the United States. Performance of Bed Bath and Beyond; Impact of Ames Department Stores' acquisition of Hills Department Stores; Percentage sales growth posted by Ikea and Ross Dress for Less; Transformation of Hills stores into Ames'...
- Ikea opens biggest store in England. // Housewares;Jan2005, Issue 187, p55
Reports on the store opening of Edmonton, Ikea AB's 13th store unit in London, England. Continuance of planning applications for stores; Other business plans including opening of smaller stores.