Getting (and selling) the benefit of benefits
- Top Ten Sales Whines Get Better With Age. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p41
Criticizes the common complaints of salespeople of business enterprises. Questionnaire given to salespeople before conducting a seminar on the organization; Advice to salespeople.
- Just Say No. Farber, Barry // Kitchen & Bath Business;Oct2007, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p42
The article offers tips on how kitchen and bath companies can identify which business transaction to pursue. Companies should always remember that 80% of their business comes from 20% percent of their customers that is why companies should focus on those customers that have the highest potential...
- What personal gear are you in? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/16/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the fundamental business, sales, customer service and personal shifts adopted by companies. Shift from making others happy first before making yourself happy first; Blame to take responsibility; Problem on salespeople who do not do what they know.
- Selling and Sales Management in Action: The Sales Force's Role in International Marketing Research and Marketing Information Systems. Chonko, Lawrence B.; Tanner Jr., John F.; Smith, Ellen Reid // Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management;Winter91, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p69
Many companies resist global markets because of seemingly insurmountable problems with these markets. Salespeople are often used successfully to gather market information. There is a wealth of market data that can be collected by a company's international sales force and distributors' sales...
- Transformational Leadership: An Initial Investigation in Sales Management. Dubinsky, Alan J.; Yammarino, Francis J.; Jolson, Marvin A.; Spangler, William D. // Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management;Spring95, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p17
Numerous conceptual arid empirical articles in sales management emphasize the influence sales managers can have on various job-related responses of sales personnel, such as job satisfaction, motivation, and performance. When examining this issue, the preponderance of literature has considered a...
- 10 Ways to Add Value and Defeat Price Objections. Brooks, Bill // American Salesman;
The article provides tips for businesses on how they can add value to their product or service and beat price objections. Recommendations include providing expert advice and a high level of professionalism, offering frequent buyer programs, and assigning dedicated account personnel to handle...
- Staff misuse may reduce CRM benefits. Mohamed, Arif // Computer Weekly;7/18/2006, p18
The article focuses on a survey of Great Britain's companies by Loudhouse Research for Microsoft Dynamics to determine their use of customer relationship management (CRM) technology. According to the survey, because of the poor CRM technology, almost 25% of medium-sized companies have lost...
- Hiring qualified sales team helps generate new business. Feietag, Howard // Hotel & Motel Management;Aug2005, Vol. 220 Issue 14, p11
The article focuses on the hiring of qualified sales team that would help generate new businesses. In putting together a sales department team a property owner or manager is looking for proactive sales from the staff, this means going after new business. Some property sales people going after...
- Two ways to optimize your time and boost your daily productivity. // Sales Insider;11/14/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 124, p2
The article offers information on how salespeople maximize their time and promote daily productivity by making prospecting date in accomodating an appointment with a customer, and selecting an optimal time for each task.