Counting the cost of Dane
- Great Dane. Jordan, Anne // Cabinet Maker;09/17/99, Issue 5155, p12
Focuses on the success of contemporary shop Danes in Liverpool, England. Background and profile of the company; Contribution of Mike Belshaw to the company; Types of sofas offered by Danes; Diversity of the customers; Factors contributing to company success; Efforts in making the Danes brand...
- The fiscal and payments crisis. Lushin, S. // Problems of Economic Transition;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p36
Describes the financial crisis in Russia. Principal cause of the crisis; Consequences of the decline in production; Impact of the proclamation of `financial stabilization' under the conditions of declining production; Connections between fiscal and payment crises.
- NEW YORK: Trouble in Nassau. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p41
Focuses on the financial crisis faced by New York's Nassau County. Decline in sales tax collections for September 2001.
- Don't abandon free market capitalism. Donohue, Thomas J. // Hill;2/11/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the ability of the U.S. to emerge from the financial crisis stronger than before by acting in accordance to tested principles and deal with challenges in an orderly fashion.
- Ride the greenback. Siddiqi, Moin // African Business;Feb98, Issue 229, p19
Relates issues pertaining to the economic crisis in Asia. Three major global results of the financial crisis; Delay of hikes of interest rates in the United States and Europe; Sterling's offer of highest money yields; Decline of the Japanese stock market; Strength of the dollar against the...
- Asian bust--U.S. boom? // Buildings;Sep98, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p100
Presents an excerpt from the paper `The Southeast Asian Crisis: Constructing Prosperity in the Wake of Financial Collapse,' by William F. Evans.
- On the edge of crisis: Part II. Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p72
Offers suggestions on how Canadians can protect themselves from a financial crisis.
- International financial crises: Myths and realities. Schwartz, Anna J. // CATO Journal;Winter98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p251
Discusses the myths and realities of international transmission of financial crises. How international transmission of financial crises can be prevented; Link between financial crises and exchange-rate crises; Question of whether an individual country that has mismanaged its affairs can cause...
- The origin of Mexico's 1994 financial crisis. Gil-Diaz, Francisco // CATO Journal;Winter98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p303
Discusses the factors which lead to the collapse of the financial market in Mexico in 1994. Reforms which lead to economic growth between 1989 and 1994; Details on the financial market history of Mexico between 1989 and 1994; Factors which contributed to facilitate credit increases and led to...