Stand and deliver
- Keeping things shipping shape. Menduno, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;12/08/97, Vol. 20 Issue 49, pSB18
Looks at how small businesses were affected by United Parcel Service of America Incorporated's 15-day strike in 1997. Need for small businesses to implement shipping strategies; Number of companies that depend on United Parcel's services.
- No qualms about the mail monopoly. Byfield, Mike // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/15/97, Vol. 24 Issue 52, p9
Reports on the strike by Canadian postal workers in November and December of 1997. Efforts of the Canadian Union of Postal Workers; Complaints against service interruptions; How the Postal Service is a Crown Corporation; The system of Postal charges being arbitrarily set. INSET: Who got hurt...
- Well, we survived another postal strike but as usual it was really touch and go. Byfield, Ted // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/15/97, Vol. 24 Issue 52, p67
Discusses the postal strike in Canada. Length of the strike; Demands of workers; Reaction of the public; Effects of postal strikes on magazines; Delivery efforts of `Time' and `Maclean's' magazines; Local delivery systems.
- SORT IT OUT. // Motor Transport;11/5/2009, p1
A photograph of a British Mail truck passing postal workers on the picket line outside the Royal Mail sorting office in York, England, during a strike of postal workers in Great Britain is presented.
- Canada post strike mail. Leszak, John L. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;12/26/97, Vol. 181 Issue 26, p16
Presents the author's concern on the effect of Canada Post Office strike on stamp collection. Curiosity on what will happen to letters posted for Canada; Author's decision to mail three letters to separate locations in Canada; Discussion of the labels placed on the two letters the author posted...
- Wildcat post strikes threaten Xmas chaos. Salt, David // Precision Marketing;10/31/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the possible impact to the direct marketing industry of the conflict between Royal Mail and the Communication Workers' Union in London, England. Failure of wage discussion between the Royal Mail and the union; Strike action of postal staff; Estimated number of mail delivery offices...
- Finance Firms braced for 'crippling' postage strike. Mutel, Glen // Precision Marketing;2/1/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the impact of a planned series of national postage strikes in March 2002 on the financial services industry in Great Britain. Information on the contingency plans between some marketing agencies working on financial services; Remarks from Robin Hyndley, business development director...
- Postal strike in Canada? Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p5
Reveals the plans of Canadian mailers and United States-based catalogers that mail into Canada to hold a strike against Canada Post Corp. Development of strike contingency plans to keep any shipping delays to a minimum; Speculation on the Canadian government's illegal interference with the...
- New risks as we cope with Royal Mail strikes. Lacey, David // Computer Weekly;10/27/2009, p14
A blog related to the impact of postal strike in Great Britain, on IT security, is discussed.