Recliner sensor breakthrough
- Multiplex Large RTD Sensor Arrays For Lower Parts Count. Woodward, W. Stephen // Electronic Design;09/18/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 19, p163
Focuses on multiplex large resistance temperature detector sensor arrays for lower parts count. Contribution of parasitic lead-voltage term; Measurement of the infrared optical spectra of chemical aerosols; Analog conversions of sensor voltages.
- Handy tool for new-wave interaction. Wagner, Siobhan // Engineer (00137758);7/26/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7799, p10
The article reports on a non-contect gesture and finger-recognition system developed by scientists at the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIAIT) in Germany.
- Sensors & Transducers. // EDN;12/26/2002, Vol. 47 Issue 28, p71
Introduces several electronic devices. 'CL1700 from Clairex Technologies Inc.; TSL2550 from Texas Advanced Optoelectronic Solutions Inc.; R1380 from Macro Sensors.
- HIGH-TECH TEEN WATCHER. Paulson, Donna; Phillips, William G.; Thieme, Trevor // Popular Science;Mar2002, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p72
Introduces Voice Alert, an electronic device with infrared motion sensors and wireless receiver.
- It's a Small World And Getting Smaller. Beigel, John // Sensors;12/20/2013, p1
The author reflects on the use of miniaturization of electronic devices, and offers information on next generation electronic components and systems including reed sensors and planar transformers, and also mentions the working of reed sensors and planar transformers.
- 7 HOT, NEW INDUSTRIAL SENSORS. O'Connor, Roy; Barlett, Norman; Bak, David // Design News;3/20/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p74
Introduces several industrial sensors as of March 20, 2000. L-Gage laser gauging sensors from Banner Engineering Corp.; OptoNCDT 1800 from Micro-Epsilon; Inductcoder magnetic induction positioning sensor from Encoder Technology; MDB sensor from Baumer Electric AG; MTS Systems Corporation's...
- Sensing capability of ElekTek fabric finds market in
furniture and cars. Bush, Steve // Electronics Weekly;11/26/2003, Issue 2125, p7
Buckinghamshire, England-based Eleksen is developing uses for its ElekTex force-sensing fabric. ElekTex is essentially a sandwich of conductive textiles with two outer layers separated by a partially conductive inner layer. Pressure on the material causes the inner layer to conduct, connecting...
- NEW FIRE STANDARDS. // International Fire & Security Product News;Feb2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the ratification of a European standard for optical beam smoke detectors, EN54-12, by the European Committee for Standardisation. Details of the standard; Electronic equipment covered in the standard.
- Sensors & Transducers. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 14, p49
Introduces several sensors and transducers from various manufacturers. Features of the SPOI-compatible temperature sensor manufactured by Analog Devices; Physical description of the ultrasonic sensors from Carlo Gavazzi; Advantages of the DC current transducers manufactured by American Aerospace...