America's poisoning of love
- Counselor Trainee's Perceptions of Clients Based on Client Sexual Orientation. Barrett, Kathleen A.; McWhirter, Benedict T. // Counselor Education & Supervision;Mar2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p219
Investigates the perceptions of the counselor trained on clients sexual orientation in the U.S. Attitudes held by mental health professionals toward gay and lesbian clients; Levels of homophobia among counselors; Barriers experienced by gay men and lesbians to social equality.
- New Poll Shows Progressive Attitudes Toward LGB People. // In the Family: A Magazine for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, & their;Winter2002, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p3
Presents the results of Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation's Report on the Public's Views on Issues and Policies Related to Sexual Orientation. Attitudes of mainstream U.S. citizens toward lesbians, gays and bisexuals (LGB); Percentage of the respondents opposing legally sanctioned gay and...
- RETROSPECTIVE SELF-REPORTS OF CHANGES IN HOMOSEXUAL ORIENTATION: A CONSUMER SURVEY OF CONVERSION.... Nicolosi, Joseph; Potts, Richard W. // Psychological Reports;Jun2000 Part 2, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p1071
Provides survey results on the beliefs of dissatisfied homosexual people regarding conversion therapy and the possibility of change in sexual orientation in the United States. Self-perceptions of participants on orientation before conversion therapy; Effect of therapy on the frequency of...
- The Life of the Lesbian. Kepner, James // Ladder;Apr67, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p2
This article reports the status of homosexuality in San Francisco, California. The author discusses the role of lesbians in the community and the differences between male and female homosexuals.
- 2012 International News in brief. // Bay Windows;12/27/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p1
The article offers Great Britain news briefs related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people including Ecuador action against clinics forcing to change sexual orientation, Tel Aviv recognized as top gay tourist destination, and LGBT activist meeting stops in Uganda.
- TOO GAY? // Diva;Aug2012, Issue 195, p21
A quiz concerning the basis of being a lesbian is presented.
- Lesbian. Lamos, Colleen // NWSA Journal;Spring91, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p278
Discusses the concept of lesbianism and sexual orientations. Resistance to patriarchy; Implication of 'dirty lust,' conflicts and violent inequities; Hegemony of heterosexuality by inscribing lesbianism as its symmetrical but inferior other; Implications of the debate on the term 'lesbian' on...
- Passing in India. Ould, Patricia J. // Gay & Lesbian Review Worldwide;May/Jun2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p27
Relates experience of being a lesbian in India. Concern over traveling alone; Difficulty of expressing sexual preference to friends; Recognition a third gender, the hijra, in culture.
- As reported in this week's San Diego. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/10/2005, Issue 898, p12
Comments on the issues involving the dismissal of camp inter Jim Esterbrooks, spokesperson for San Diego County Office of Education due to inappropriate usage of the word lesbian. Instructions on the avoidance of topics on race, religion and sexual orientation to the students; Assertion by...