America's poisoning of love
- RETROSPECTIVE SELF-REPORTS OF CHANGES IN HOMOSEXUAL ORIENTATION: A CONSUMER SURVEY OF CONVERSION.... Nicolosi, Joseph; Potts, Richard W. // Psychological Reports;Jun2000 Part 2, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p1071
Provides survey results on the beliefs of dissatisfied homosexual people regarding conversion therapy and the possibility of change in sexual orientation in the United States. Self-perceptions of participants on orientation before conversion therapy; Effect of therapy on the frequency of...
- The Day After. Holleran, Andrew // Gay & Lesbian Review Worldwide;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on a talk given ten years ago by the author to the Harvard gay and lesbian alumni/ae group and lunch with some undergraduates. The author felt uncomfortable being the older, visiting gay writer at a "gay table". Looking back, the author reflects on the desire to conform in...
- 'Sexual Orientation' Missing in Guidelines. // Advocate;11/13/80, Issue 305, p9
Reports on the request of the National Gay Task Force for the U.S. Justice Department to explain the absence of sexual orientation from a department regulation.
- 'Middle-Aged' Epithets. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;11/16/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 46, p4
Focuses on the importance of public service advertising in the U.S. Awareness against the discrimination of homosexuals; Information on the dangers of smoking; Concepts provided on sexual preferences.
- The long road to safety. Desroches, Steve // Advocate;6/25/2002, Issue 866, p30
Focuses on appeal of gay refugees to the U.S. for asylum on the basis of persecution due to their sexual orientation. Reference on the book 'Toque de Silencio,' by Flavio Alves; Details on the persecution experiences of gay refugees; Eligibility of refugees for asylum.
- IS STRAIGHT OVER? Dumenco, Simon // New York;4/29/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p26
Comments on the pervasiveness of the gay culture in the U.S. Influence of gayness on rap musicians; Status of homosexuality as a sexual orientation in New York.
- The nation. Rochman, Sue // Advocate;09/28/99, Issue 795, p18
Presents a compendium of news items concerning gays and lesbians in the United States. Includes the discovery of cases of syphilis among participants on America Online chat room `San Francisco Men 4 Men'; Conviction of Jonathan Schmitz of second-degree murder in the death of Scott Amedure, who...
- Transitions. // Advocate;9/1/98, Issue 767, p20
Reports on developments in the lives of famous homosexuals and gay rights leaders in the United States. Includes the death of gay poet and biographer John Malcom Brinnin; Election of Sharon Miken as co-chairwoman of the National Education Association Gay and Lesbian Caucus.
- What's on the mind of a 25-year-old? Kirby, David // Advocate;9/1/98, Issue 767, p30
Focuses on issues confronting 25-year-old gay men and lesbians in the United States. Roles played by geography and personal experience in shaping young homosexuals' politics and attitudes; Acknowledgment of the accomplishments of their gay and lesbian elders in advancing gay rights; Difference...