- Debt Reform Can Be Better. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p1
Reports on New York State's Debt Reform Act. Bond rating upgrade of the state; Provisions of the bill; Debt management plan.
- North Carolina Bill Would Restore Funds to Local Governments. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31462, p3
Reports the restoration of the funds to local governments through the North Carolina bill. Provision of utility franchise tax payments; List of names of primary sponsors; Problems faced by the local governments on bond ratings; Speculation on the ways to recover utility tax payments.
- BOND-RATERS' TROIKA. White, Jason J. // U.S. Banker;May2002, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on the complaints on major bond rating firms. Discussion on the stream of complaints in the Web; Emphasis on regulatory protection in the Web; Information on the symmetry of finance and financial markets on repayment prospects.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p27
Reports developments related to bonds in the Midwest. Approval of a bill on early-retirement program in Chicago; Rating on the bonds of the University of Illinois Health Services Facilities Systems; Release of the consensus revenue estimate in Michigan.
- Virginia Legislators Reach Deal on Biennial Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p4
Reports that Virginia House of Delegates and Senate legislators have reached a compromise on the state's budget for fiscal 2005-2006. Compromise budget plan; Protection of the state's triple-A bond rating; Plans to boost spending on education, health care, public safety and state workers' salaries.
- Report: Supermajority Tax Plan Could Hurt Michigan's Rating. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;10/1/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33786, p20
The article focuses on a report from the independent research group Citizens Research Council of Michigan, according to which a legislative supermajority to increase taxes could negatively affect Michigan's bond rating.
- Some of the business stories we broke last week in PuertoRicoWOW.com. // Caribbean Business;6/6/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p58
Reports on business news items featured in PuertoRicoWOW.com prior to the week ended June 6, 2002. Standard & Poor's bond rating for the COmmonwealth of Puerto Rico; Puerto Rico Industrial Development Co.'s tax incentives for Corning Cable Systems in Rio grande; Governor Sila Calderon's signing...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p35
Provides information on developments in the bond market industry in the U.S. Signing of Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski on the legislation authorizing the issuance of multi-million dollar revenue bonds to build a fish hatchery in Fairbanks, California; Decrease in the bonds rating of Community...
- Suit Looms After Arizona Governor's Line-Item Budget Vetoes. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p3
Republican legislative leaders are threatening legal challenges after Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano used line-item vetoes to restore $65 million to a $6.5 billion budget for fiscal 2004 passed in one of the state's longest sessions on record. Angry Republicans could also exact revenge by...