- Debt Reform Can Be Better. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p1
Reports on New York State's Debt Reform Act. Bond rating upgrade of the state; Provisions of the bill; Debt management plan.
- North Carolina Bill Would Restore Funds to Local Governments. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31462, p3
Reports the restoration of the funds to local governments through the North Carolina bill. Provision of utility franchise tax payments; List of names of primary sponsors; Problems faced by the local governments on bond ratings; Speculation on the ways to recover utility tax payments.
- BOND-RATERS' TROIKA. White, Jason J. // U.S. Banker;May2002, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on the complaints on major bond rating firms. Discussion on the stream of complaints in the Web; Emphasis on regulatory protection in the Web; Information on the symmetry of finance and financial markets on repayment prospects.
- Report: Supermajority Tax Plan Could Hurt Michigan's Rating. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;10/1/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33786, p20
The article focuses on a report from the independent research group Citizens Research Council of Michigan, according to which a legislative supermajority to increase taxes could negatively affect Michigan's bond rating.
- Some of the business stories we broke last week in PuertoRicoWOW.com. // Caribbean Business;6/6/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p58
Reports on business news items featured in PuertoRicoWOW.com prior to the week ended June 6, 2002. Standard & Poor's bond rating for the COmmonwealth of Puerto Rico; Puerto Rico Industrial Development Co.'s tax incentives for Corning Cable Systems in Rio grande; Governor Sila Calderon's signing...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p35
Provides information on developments in the bond market industry in the U.S. Signing of Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski on the legislation authorizing the issuance of multi-million dollar revenue bonds to build a fish hatchery in Fairbanks, California; Decrease in the bonds rating of Community...
- Virginia Legislators Reach Deal on Biennial Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p4
Reports that Virginia House of Delegates and Senate legislators have reached a compromise on the state's budget for fiscal 2005-2006. Compromise budget plan; Protection of the state's triple-A bond rating; Plans to boost spending on education, health care, public safety and state workers' salaries.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p27
Reports developments related to bonds in the Midwest. Approval of a bill on early-retirement program in Chicago; Rating on the bonds of the University of Illinois Health Services Facilities Systems; Release of the consensus revenue estimate in Michigan.
- Standard & Poor's Revises Illinois Outlook After Pension Overhaul Passes. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;12/11/2013, p6
The article reports on the Standard & Poor's rating of its A-minus Illinois general obligation bond from "negative" to "developing" on December 10, 2013. It cites that the passage of the public pension reform signed by Governor Pat Quinn in the month as it mentions the retention of negative...