Illinois, Casino Announce Agreement to Move Ahead Bid for Licence
- Vegas casino firms shake the dice for Rosemont license. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;6/25/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p3
Reports that three Las Vegas, Nevada casino operators are positioning themselves to finalize a deal for the casino license proposed for the northwestern suburban town of Rosemont in Illinois. Proposals being drafted by the operators to purchase a majority stake in Chicago-based Emerald Casino...
- One Casino Fight Ends. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31896, p35
Reports on Illinois Supreme Court's refusal to reconsider an Appellate Court ruling in the case that challenged the awarding of a license to Emerald Casino Inc. to build a floating casino in Rosemont. Law about the transfer of license.
- Illinois Gaming Board to Auction Floating Casino License. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p37
Reports on the auction conducted by the Illinois Gaming Board for the license of Emerald Casinos Inc. floating casino in Chicago, Illinois. Amount of the license; Number of companies vie for the casino license; Factors considered by the Board about the auction.
- Emerald decision could lead to Chicago-based casino. Holtman, Andy // International Gaming & Wagering;Feb2008, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the decision of Emerald Casino Inc. to officially end its efforts to contest the Gaming Board's decision to revoke its license in Illinois. The gaming board revoked Emerald's license altogether, ruling that it had let those associated with organized crime become investors...
- Emerald Casino. Buchthal, Kristina // Crain's Chicago Business;1/3/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p14
The article reports that for Emerald Casino Inc. investors, 2005 could be the year they evade disaster, or the year a bad deal gets even worse. Both the Illinois attorney general and the Illinois Supreme Court could quash the sale of the Emerald's riverboat license, and with it the fate of$ 31...
- Game gets dicey as casino bidders emerge. Gallun, Alby; Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;8/11/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p4
The six parties vying for gambling license of the U.S.-based Emerald Casino Inc. have entered into a different game of chance as Illinois Gaming Board moves forward with its plan to revoke the license, as of August 11, 2003. A settlement would pave the way for a transfer of the license to one of...
- Bankruptcy Judge Weighs Fate of Illinois Casino's Reorganization Plan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31886, p29
Reports that judge Eugene Wedoff is considering whether to approve the reorganization plan for Emerald Casino Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Dispute over the fate of a casino license to Isle of Capri Casinos Inc.; Testimony given by Illinois Gaming Board chairman Elzie Higginbottom; Attempt of...
- In Illinois Casino Case, State's $400M Hangs in the Balance. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p4
Reports on Emerald Casino's bankruptcy case. Auction of the company's casino license; Amount of money that Illinois will receive from the auction.
- Judge Leaves Illinois Casino's Fate Up to Gaming Board, AG. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p5
Reports on the approval of the reorganization plan for Emerald Casino Inc. made by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Eugene Wedoff in Chicago, Illinois. Implications of the approval for the state license originally awarded to Emerald Casino; Terms in the bankruptcy settlement; Purpose of the...