Tax-Frees Gain, While Taxables Take Hit
- 'Cheap' funds that waste your money. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;9/19/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 18, p10
Reports that index and money-market funds are socking investors with more than 300 million dollars in excess fees. Fees charged by index and money-market funds.
- Outflows Persist as Investors Yank Another $2.74B of Tax-Exempts. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/5/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33293, p6
The article reports that money market fund outflows resulted to the withdrawal of investors' tax-exempt accounts worth 2.74 billion dollars in the U.S.
- Investors Add $1.61 Billion in Second Straight Week of Inflows. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;12/30/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33442, p5
The article reports on the 1.61 billion dollars entrusted by investors to tax-free money market funds in the U.S. in December 2010.
- Investors Send $4.59 Billion Into Tax-Exempts. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;12/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31780, p6
Reports on the tax-exempt money market funds by investors according to iMoneyNet Inc. in Westborough, Massachusetts.
- Seven-Day Yields Drop to Record Low as Cash Pours In. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p6
Reports the decline of the tax-free money market funds in the U.S. Investment of retail investors in general purpose funds; Anticipation on the drop rates; Impact of bond redemption and coupon payments on the demand for municipal notes.
- Inflows pick up steam as investors store cash for tax time. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p9
Focuses on money market fund investment of investors in the United States. Significance of the investment in paying tax; Impact of the investment on rate of tax-free assets; Views of managers on money market fund investment during tax season; Advantages in investing to national or state paper...
- Looking offshore. // Finance Week;11/24/2000, p54
Reports on offshore investment options in South Africa. Exclusion of retired investors from offshore investments; Cautions over the selection of income-producing investments; Volatility of income from asset swap money market funds. INSET: Wealthy? Yes. Prudent Investor? No!.
- Safer than a bank,but... // Finweek;9/2/2010, p43
The article reports on the safety of a capital in money market funds, but investor may miss out on higher returns compared to other unit trust sectors.
- Outflows Loosen Things Up, Giving Investors a `Little More to Talk About'. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;03/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30861, p9
Reports on developments in money market funds in the United States as of March 31, 2000. Impact of looser market conditions on investors; Issues in the market that stirred investor interest; Expectations of outflow due to the impending tax deadline.