Senators Call the House's Bluff Over Including 'Green Bonds' in Energy Bill
- Senate panel approves D.C. budget, including $253 million in debt. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p36
Reports that the United States Senate Appropriations Committee has approved the District of Columbia's plan to issue $253 million in bonds for capital projects. Use of surpluses above a certain level for long-term debt reduction; Design of fund balance and reserve fund.
- Senate Curbs Use of Federal Funds in Private Redevelopment. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32243, p5
Reports that the U.S. Senate has adopted a measure that would bar several federal agencies from using certain federal funds on any development project in which private property has been condemned for private redevelopment. Amendment of the Transportation, Treasury, and Housing and Urban...
- Riders Drown Bill, But Proposed Cap, Credit Hikes Live. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p5
Reports on the United States Senate Finance Committee's postponement of action of community renewal legislation. Increase in the private-activity bond volume cap and the low-income housing tax credit; Provisions of the legislation.
- Tax extenders bill gets a push. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/28/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30757, p7
Reports on a tax extenders bill passed in the United States Senate. Provisions of the bill; Absence of measures affecting tax-exempt bonds.
- Maryland Senate OKs Increase in Garvee Cap for Toll Road Plan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32103, p4
Reports that the Senate in Maryland has approved a legislation to increase the grant anticipation revenue vehicles bonds that can be included in the funding package for the Intercounty Connector toll road. Proponents of the legislation; Features of the funding plan of the U.S. Department of...
- Muni Groups Lobby for BQ Boost in Final Highway Bill. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;5/9/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33711, p1
The article reports on the effort of public finance groups to influence the U.S. House and Senate conferees working on a long-term highway bill to allow to increase the limit for bank-qualified bonds.
- Senate Coup Draws Smiles. Kinnander, Ola; Sanchez, Humberto; Vadum, Matthew; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31152, p1
Focuses on the potential impact of a Democrat-controlled Senate on the bond market in the United States. Decision by Vermont Senator James Jeffords to leave the Republican Party and become an independent which gave the Democrats a one-vote majority in the Senate; Effect of the Senate control...
- Senate Panel Sends Letter Against Mass-Transit Bond Plan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p5
Leaders of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee have sent a letter to their counterparts at the Senate Finance Committee opposing their plan to create a new federal taxable-bond program to build mass transit projects in the U.S. while redirecting funds currently earmarked for transit to pay for...
- California Pension Bond Plan Still Struggling in Legislature. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31801, p3
Reports on the objections of U.S. Republicans to a bill that authorizes California to issue up to $2.2 billion in five-year pension obligation bonds. Plan proposed by Senate Republicans regarding issue of pension obligation bonds; Rationale given by a Republican for not supporting the pension...