Talks Over Internet Access, Commerce Taxes Continue
- Internet popularity creating critical tax liability. Vest, Marshall // Inside Tucson Business;06/21/99, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p5
Part II. Discusses the implications of the growth in Internet commerce for public institutions that depend on sales taxes in Arizona. Compliance issues in Internet purchases that prevent tax collection; Taxation of catalog and Internet sales.
- CA Speaks Out for E-commerce. // Consumer Comments;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p2
Discusses issues in electronic commerce taxes.
- Talking Taxes. Ryzenberg, Jesica // Latin Trade (English);Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p47
Comments on the move of legislators to consider taxing Web-based businesses in Brazil. Type of taxes in Brazil; Reaction of Brazilian companies to the move.
- E-commerce tax: A sober view of cyberspace. Holmes, David // OECD Observer;Jan2002, Issue 230, p23
Focuses on the taxation of electronic commerce and cyberspace. Assertion that cyberspace will not be tax-free haven; Security of tax revenues; Discussion on consumption taxes. INSET: The e-commerce tax framework.
- Servers on Holiday. // Export Today's Global Business;Nov99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p30
Provides information on how electronic commerce companies could reduce their tax load. Advantages of setting up offices offshore; Legality of establishing a company in low-tax sites; Ideal company for offshore sites.
- The net tax nightmare. Lewandowski, Rene // CA Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p18
Discusses several issues related to electronic commerce taxation. Confusion in the determination of permanent establishment in taxation; Problems in income sourcing and income characterization in electronic commerce; Actions taken by tax authorities in several countries to address electronic...
- As Inevitable as Death: What General Managers Need to Know About Taxing E-Commerce. Aveyard, Paul; Pitt, Leyland; Ewing, Michael T.; de Bussy, Nigel // Journal of General Management;Summer2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p38
The authors of this research paper argues that in order to enhance the firm's online initiatives, the general manager should have a good basic awareness of the taxation issues and dilemmas facing the Internet. The authors attempt to provide an overview of the fundamental issues in a...
- Cutting taxes. Bourgeois, Pierre // CMA Management;Nov99, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p38
Explores tax issues related to electronic commerce in Canada. Characteristics of electronic commerce affecting the conduct of business and the interpretation of existing tax principles; Tax issues facing individuals who transact electronically across borders; Taxation of electronic deals...
- Cybertaxes. Bourgeois, Pierre // CMA Management;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p42
Offers advice to electronically enabled businesses in Canada on several tax-related issues. Features of cybertaxes; Similarity between the position of governments of Canada and the United States on the issue of taxes and electronic commerce; Factors to consider when designing Web sites or...
- E-commerce becomes a taxing issue. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;01/03/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the issue of taxation in electronic commerce. Value of goods traded electronically; Ramifications of the issue to the economy of Westchester County, New York; Possible tax schemes for e-commerce.