Sept. Trade Deficit Up 4.4% to $41.3B
- July Trade Deficit Dips 8.9% to $50.1B. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p2
Reports on the escalation of the trade deficit in the U.S. Assessment of the export and import activity; Deflation of goods deficit.
- Trade surplus rises. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;May95, p9
Reports on the rise in Japan's trade surplus for February 1995.
- Trade surplus narrows. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p11
Reports on the narrowing of Japan's trade surplus to $13.84 billion in March 1995.
- Biggest ever monthly trade surplus. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p15
Reports that China has recorded its biggest-ever single-month trade surplus in October 1996. Reasons for the increase in trade surplus.
- Are trade deficits that bad? Lippens, Robert E. // Business Economics;Apr97, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p14
Evaluates an assortment of economic thought concerning the value of a trade deficit. Consumption versus investment on the balance of trade; Disaggregation of the National Income and Product Accounts (NIPA); On the burden of a trade deficit; Conclusions.
- U.S. Trade Balance. // Congressional Digest;Jan1989, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p3
Presents excerpts from `United States Trade Performance in 1987' by the International Trade Administration of the US Department of Commerce. Exports; International capital flows; Trade partners; Negotiations.
- Trade protection: The consumer pays. Merline, J.W. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug89, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p16
Covers the price American consumers pay for trade restrictions on imported goods. Restrictions and American jobs; Voluntary restraint agreements.
- The April trade deficit. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 145, p2
Reports on Commerce Department's statement on the trade deficit in goods and services which shot up in April 1995. Information on the sales overseas and the import of cars and other goods.
- SAUDI ARABIA. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Mar2003, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the balance of trade of Saudi Arabia. Forecasts related to oil exports of the country; Business environment in the country for non-oil exports; Comparison of foreign reserves of the country from 1998 to 2002.
- U.S. trade balance. // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug97, p18
Reports on the widening trade deficit of the United States. Implications of the deterioration in the trade balance; Relationship between exchange rates and the trade deficit; Effects of the fast pace of economic growth in the country.