Colorado Treasurer Pessimistic About Current State of Tobacco
- Colorado Teasurer Floats 2nd Tobacco Bond Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p4
Reports on Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman's efforts to drum up legislative support for a tobacco settlement revenue bond plan. Use of proceeds from the tobacco securitization; Legislative measure introduced to allow the state to issue tobacco bonds.
- Colorado Treasurer Pushes $1 Billion Tobacco Securitization. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p4
Reports that Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman has unveiled a tobacco securitization proposal that includes an unenhanced issuance of tax-exempt and taxable tranches. Sale of tobacco bonds; Structure of the debt with turbo amortization; Issuance of the bonds.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p31
This article presents information on recent developments from the U.S. bond market. Arizona Sports & Tourism Authority directors have approved a plan to issue at least $32 million of bonds to pay for infrastructure supporting the new Arizona Cardinals football stadium currently under...
- Colorado Treasurer Believes State Should Try Tobacco-Backed Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32002, p1
Reports on the recommendation of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman for the state General Assembly to authorize securitization of the state's share of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) with major tobacco companies in Colorado. Failure of Coffman to convince lawmakers to sell bonds backed...
- Colorado Taxpayers File Suit Against Governor, Treasurer. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p4
Reports on the lawsuit filed by a group of taxpayers in Colorado on allegations that the state Legislature's use of cash transfers to balance the budget is illegal. Call for an injunction on general funds spending by the lawsuit; Difficulty in the return of the funds according to state Treasurer...
- Colorado Treasurer Offers New $800M Tobacco Bond Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p40
Reports that Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman has proposed selling tobacco settlement bonds in order to boost the state's credit rating. Aim of raising funds for K-12 public education; Deficit of the state; Ratings of the state by Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service; Bond...
- Colo. Treasurer: Rainy-Day Fund Would Help Boost Ratings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31546, p40
Reports that Colorado treasurer Mike Coffman will try to convince lawmakers in the legislative session of January 2003 to create a rainy-day fund which would help resolve fiscal crisis in the state and increase its credit rating. Impact of the proposal by Coffman to change the state's 1992...
- The New War Veterans in Congress: All Republicans, All Americans. De Wind, Dorian // Moderate Voice;1/2/2011, p13
A blog posted by Dorian De Wind on the war veterans serving in U.S. Congress in 2011, including Illinois Republican Mark Kirk, Colorado Republican Mike Coffman, and Allen West from Florida, is discussed.
- Colorade Committee Will Rethink School Funding Methods. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31547, p4
Reports that Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman is planning to form a committee for implementing possible changes in its school funding programs. Composition of the committee; Information on the state's intercept program for schools that guarantees bondholders repayment of outstanding debt;...