Crumple zone could save 900 lives per year, claims Scania
- Belts plus bags cut death rates in crashes. // Ward's Auto World;May95, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p20
No abstract available.
- To Serve and Protect. Wilhite, Charles // Automotive Body Repair News;Apr2003, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p62
Focuses on the importance of passenger safety in times of collision. Significance of understanding various systems that protect passengers; Details of the primary concerns in cars; Use of seat belts to protect the driver and passengers.
- How safe is your car? What insurance data say. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Nov95, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p17
Presents statistical information on the safety of cars in the event of car crashes. Insurance data listed. INSET: Injury and collision loss experience for 1992-1994 model cars..
- From the ed. Page, Ewen // Motor;Nov96, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p5
Explains the urgency of promoting automobile safety to reduce the incidents of car accidents in Australia. Importance of improving the driving skills of motorists; Uselessness of the cars' safety features in the hands of reckless drivers.
- Safety in cars. Saunders, Carol Silverman // Current Health 2;Apr96, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p16
Discusses safety in automobiles in the United States. Reduction of motor-vehicle deaths by 1994; National Safety Council's report on injuries and deaths due to car crashes; Use and effectiveness of safety belts, anti-lock braking systems (ABS), and air bags in automobiles; Information on...
- Mandatory STABILITY CONTROL. Cameron, Kevin // Cycle World;May2010, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the move of the U.S. government to make electronic stability control (ESC) mandatory in all cars in the country by 2012 with the aim to minimize car crashes.
- Rethink Safety. McElroy, John // Ward's Auto World;Mar2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p25
Presents an article about automobile safety design.
- Inventor of Safer Automobile Destroyed by Federal Government. Faloon, William // Life Extension;
The article focuses on the controversy regarding the accusations of the U.S. federal government against Preston Tucker, the inventor of Tucker cars, for fraud. Tucker automobiles were found to be safer and less expensive than any other cars which could have saved many lives from road accidents....
- Development and test of a motor vehicle event data recorder. Wonhee Lee; Inhwan Han // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;Sep2004, Vol. 218 Issue 9, p977
A type of event data recorder ( EDR) has been developed that can detect a crash automatically, and also record the motion of the vehicle and driver's actions during a predefined time period before and after the accident. The EDR consists of crash detection and vehicle motion sensors, a steering...