- From HIV to Aids. Weiss, Robin // UNESCO Courier;Jun95, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p6
Discusses how the HIV turns to AIDS infection. Characteristics of HIV; Methods of transmission; Four main attributes to AIDS; Factors for the variation of HIV infection; Implications of the knowledge of why infected individuals progress to AIDS. INSET: The state of research..
- CLINICAL PRESENTATION OF ONYCHOMYCOSIS IN HIV/AIDS: A REVIEW OF 280 MEXICAN CASES. Moreno-Coutiño, Gabriela; Arenas, Roberto; Reyes-Terán, Gustavo // Indian Journal of Dermatology;Jan-Feb2011, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p120
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Clinical Presentation of Onychomycosis in HIV/AIDS: A Review of 280 Mexican Cases."
- DIAGNOSING VISCERAL LEISHMANIASIS AND HIV/AIDS CO-INFECTION: A CASE SERIES STUDY IN PERNAMBUCO, BRAZIL. De Almeida E. Cavalcanti, Aracele Tenório; Medeiros, Zulma; Lopes, Fábio; De Andrade, Luiz Dias; Ferreira, Valéria de Melo; Magalhães, Vera; Miranda-Filho, Demócrito de Barros // Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de Sao Paulo;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p43
HIV/AIDS-associated visceral leishmaniasis may display the characteristics of an aggressive disease or without specific symptoms at all, thus making diagnosis difficult. The present study describes the results of diagnostic tests applied to a series of suspected VL cases in HIV-infected/AIDS...
- Speculation on the Viral Etiology of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome and Kaposi's Sarcoma. Conant, Marcus A. // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Jul84 Supplement, Vol. 83, p57s
The acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) appeared in the United States in late 1978 and has spread at an epidemic rate through the four major coastal cities of this country. The disease appears to show the same epidemiologic distribution as hepatitis B virus infection, and for this reason,...
- Mystery Asian disease has Aids-like symptoms. // Filipino Post;8/30/2012, p13
The article focuses on the discovery a disease in Asia that has Aids-like symptoms by scientists at the National Institute of Health.
- Hepatitis C Virus and the Infectious Diseases Community. Holmberg, Scott D. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Jul2012 Supplement 1, Vol. 55 Issue suppl_1, pS1
The article focuses on the prevalence of hepatitis C virus infection in the U.S. It discusses several causes of infection which includes parenteral exposures, injection drug use and transfusions. It explores that the quality of laboratory tests in the U.S. is improving in their speed,...
- How do 'Public' Values Influence Individual Health Behaviour? An Empirical-Normative Analysis of Young Men's Discourse Regarding HIV Testing Practices. Knight, Rod; Small, Will; Shoveller, Jean // Public Health Ethics;Nov2016, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p264
Philosophical arguments stemming from the public health ethics arena suggest that public health interventions ought to be subject to normative inquiry that considers relational values, including concepts such as solidarity, reciprocity and health equity. As yet, however, the extent to which...
- Is the AIDS virus a science fiction? Duesberg, Peter H.; Ellison, Bryan J. // Policy Review;Summer90, Issue 53, p40
Explores immunosuppressive behavior as possible cause of AIDS. Earliest proposed causes of AIDS; Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) report describing unusual medical cases with confirmed immunosuppression; Cases showing similar severe immune suppression problems; Criticisms against the HIV...
- Headlines. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/31/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6861, p1046
Reports developments in medicine as of October 1992. Refusal of United States prisoner for treatment; Comparison of drugs costs in Canada and in the United States; Cause of AIDS disease; Growth of medical insurance in Great Britain.