California Official to Schwarzenegger: Balance Budget
- Calif.'s omen for the nation. Goddard, Ben // Hill;5/21/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 59, p33
The article reports on the initiative of California's Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to launch package measures on the ballot to provide sanity and stability to the budget process of the state.
- Schwarzenegger's Last Call: Another Special Session for New Lawmakers. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/15/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33416, p32
The article reports on the plans of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to call a special session for new lawmakers to deal with the state's budget deficit.
- Cary: Fallacy of a Soak-the-Rich Strategy. Cary, Mary Kate // U.S. News Digital Weekly;5/22/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p19
The author discusses the effort of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to gather support for Proposition 16, which aims to address the 15 billion U.S. dollars budget deficit.
- State Starts 2004 Up to Its Neck in Budget Woes. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on budget crisis in California. Results of car tax rollback; Plan of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to refinance the deficit; Proposal to increase property taxes on business to pay doe education programs.
- Angelides Warns About Bonding Suits. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31745, p1
Reports on the need for California governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger to deal with legal challenges involved in bond issues that the state plans to sell to patch budget deficit. Release of the pension-obligation bonds and fiscal recovery bonds; Generation of cash to repay short-term notes;...
- Calif. Democrats, Schwarzenegger Tilt Over Local Funding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p36
Reports on the resumption of the California budget negotiations after Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger returns from Austria. Cause of the delay in the budget for the fiscal year 2004; Deal between the governor and cities in the state; Statement of H.D. Palmer, the governor's budget spokesman,...
- California Budget Squeezes Textbook Adoption. // Educational Marketer;3/ 2/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on California's state budget for March 2009 to June 2010 which was signed into law by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger that affects some school districts' ability to purchase textbooks.
- ONLINE. // Bond Buyer;5/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33317, p1
The article reports on the May 2010 budget proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, which addresses a 17.9 billion dollars deficit by proposing wholesale elimination of key social welfare programs with no tax increases in the state.
- Democrats' Budget. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32146, p39
This article presents information related to California Assembly Democrats' response to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's budget proposal, a budget of their own that includes more money for K-12 schools and higher taxes for those with high incomes. This proposal contains $3 billion in additional...