Calendar Comes Back to Life With N.Y.'s $2.25 Billion Tobacco Deal
- Software permits migration from mainframe to a PC workstation. Hargrove, Christer; Robinson, Adam // Electric Light & Power;Jan1996, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division's migration from mainframe to a personal computer workstation. Software description; Use of a CADAM mainframe system; Problems faced by the company; Process used to evaluate potential solutions.
- Up With People. Morris Jr., Herman // American Gas;Apr2001, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p6
Comments on the strategies adopted by the Memphis Light Gas & Water Division (MLGW) to improve customer care practices in its municipal utility operations in Memphis, Tennessee. Adoption of training programs to improve the customer service skills of employees; Solicitation of customer feedback...
- Membhis Utility Fund May Increase Bonds. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;09/06/99, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p2
Features the consolidation of the manager roster of Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division Pension System. Recommendations of an asset allocation study; Remarks from Jim Reeve, treasurer and vice president of finance at Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division Pension System; Asset allocation mix...
- MINORITY RECRUITMENT: WORKING TO BRIDGE THE GAP. Blackmon, Joyce McAnulty // Management Review;Apr85, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p58
Presents a perspective on minority employment in the United States. Experiences of Memphis Light, Gas and Water in increasing minority participation; College contacts; In-house programs; Mentor system.
- D.C. Extends RFP For Tobacco Bonds. // Bond Buyer;07/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30936, p2
Reports on the decision of the District of Columbia's Chief Financial Officer, on behalf of the D.C. Tobacco Settlement Corp., to extend the request for proposals for underwriting and bond counsel services for a tax-exempt tobacco settlement revenue bond issue.
- Memphis Networx-- A Public-Private Partnership. Whitten, Mike; Maxwell, Rich // Transmission & Distribution World;Aug2000, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on Memphis Networx, a joint venture formed by Aptus Networks and Memphis Light, Gas & Water (MLGW). Reason MLGW wants to enter the competitive telecommunications business; Why MLGW selected Aptus Networks to be its venture partner; Goal of the Memphis Networx.
- Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division, Gets Top Rating. // American Gas;Nov2000, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p21
Reports that the public utility Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division (MLGW) has been rated the top utility in the southern region of the United States by J.D. Power and Co. Comments from MLGW president and chief executive, Herman Morris Jr.; Key to satisfaction in the electric utility industry.
- Northeast Volume Enjoyed 15% Bump in '07. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;2/11/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32813, p1
The article reports on bonds issuance in the U.S. Northeast region in 2007. In the region, issuers sold $108 billion of municipal bonds during the year, an increase of about 15% from the previous year. The biggest deal was that of New Jersey Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. which sold $3.62...
- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal Pushes for Tobacco Bond Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34290, p1
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is urging lawmakers to adopt his plan to securitize the remaining 40% of the state's tobacco revenues from the Master Settlement Agreement.