Gas Bonds In, Tax-Credit Sale Out in Final Energy Bill
- Slew of Energy Bills Introduced in Legislature's First Two Days. KASEY, PAM // State Journal (WV);2/22/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p23
The article reports on the energy-related legislation that were introduced by lawmakers at the 2013 legislative session in West Virginia including one on the natural gas by Senator Sam Cann, gas and oil severance tax receipts by Delegate Michael Ferro, and one on water contamination by Delegate...
- ACC Says Energy Bill Offers No Relief. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/1/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the American Chemistry Council's (ACC) response to pared-down energy bill introduced in the U.S. Senate in February 2004. Concerns of the ACC on the delays in the bill's natural gas provisions.
- Energy: Council Adopts Third Energy Liberalisation Package. Grabau, Lawrence // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q3, Special section p1
The article offers information on the Council of European Union's third energy liberalisation reform package. Consists of five legislative measures, the energy liberalisation package aims to make the opening of the energy fully effective and to create a single European Union gas and electricity...
- Utilities Can Sell Tax-Exempt Debt For Prepaid Gas Contracts, IRS Rules. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31365, p5
Reports the issuance of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of regulation to allow tax-exempt bonds for the prepayment of natural gas contracts in the U.S. Right to issue tax-exempt bonds to buy natural gas contracts; Tax-exempt bonds issued by government-owned utilities for gas prepurchases; Public...
- Updated Annual Energy Outlook 2014 Reference case (April 2014). // Annual Energy Review;Apr2014, piv
The article reports on the revisions in the Annual Energy Outlook 2014 (AEO2014) report from the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Among the sectors were revisions are made include the macroeconomic, the commercial, residential, and industrial, and the transportation. Also included are the...
- Europe. SCOTT, MARIE TEDESCO; DE VOS, ANDREA; BOWMAN, BRIAN M.; REINS, LEONIE; ETGEN REITZ, ANDERS; LINDBERG, JULIE; WARREN III, MANNING GILBERT; OPFERMANN, BRADLEY P.; SABKOVA, ELENA; STAMELOS, HARRY; MORAITI, ATHENA; ENGLISH, PAT; DOHERTY, EMMA; VIOLA, STEFANO; BERNACZYK, MICHAL; WAGNER-FINDEISEN, ANNE; JASIORKOWSKA, AGNIESZKA; BAGINSKI, WOJCIECH; SILBERSTEIN, RICHARD; SIURANA SIEIRO, IRENE // International Lawyer;Spring2012, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p537
The article focuses on the significant legal developments during the year 2011 that took place in the European Union and certain European countries. The issues related to private damages claim, functional unbundling requirements in the natural gas sector and energy supply security are discussed....
- The legislative path. Audette, R. // Environmental Action;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p30
Lists specific Congressional actions now being considered in the area of renewable energy resources. Appropriations for renewable R&D, the New Clean Air Act, and others are described. INSET: Resources on renewable energy..
- Landmark energy legislation generally favorable to business. // Nation's Business;Nov92, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p14
Highlights the first comprehensive energy legislation approved by Congress since the late 1970s. How it should lower business' long-term costs for electricity and natural gas; Key provisions.
- Energy Bill promised this year. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;5/28/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p5
The article highlights the plan of the coalition government in Great Britain to publish energy legislation later in 2010, in response to the pledges of the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats.