Michigan Loses Aaa From Moody's
- Moody's Revises Wisconsin GO Credit to Stable From Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p33
Reports on the revision of the general obligation credit rating of Wisconsin to stable from negative by Moody's Investors Service Inc. Improvement of liquidity position in the current fiscal year; Increase in state revenue; Stability of the economy and financial condition.
- Moody's Raises $123 Million of Connecticut Subordinate SRF Bonds to Aaa. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31654, p28
Credit ratings company Moody's Investors Service Inc. has increased its rating on $122.5 million of outstanding subordinate revenue bonds issued by Connecticut's state revolving fund to Aaa from Aa1. The agency also rates the senior bonds AAA, but maintains a rating of AA-plus on the subordinate...
- Moody's Slashes Jefferson Co. Sewers. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32829, p1
The article reports on the downgraded rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the $3.2 billion sewer enterprise program of Jefferson County, Alabama. The agency revised its rating to B3 from Baa3 after the county stated in a material event notice on February 27 that it may not meet...
- Moody's: 79% of 2013 Rating Changes Were Downgrades. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;1/28/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34050, p1
The article focuses on the statement of U.S.-based credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service's who states that their public finance rating changes last year were downgrades, but the par value of upgrades rose to the highest level since 2010. Information on decrement of 69 percent of rating...
- Moody's Upgrades Pittsburgh to Baa2. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32483, p3
The article reports on the ratings of Moody's Investors Service Inc. for the $842 million of outstanding general obligation debt of Pittsburgh. The agency assigned a Baa2 from Baa3 and removed the rating from its watch lists. The adjustment was the result of the city's reported $23.6 million of...
- NEW YORK: Mount Kisco Gets Hiked. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;8/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32685, p9
The article reports on the Aa3 upgraded rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service (MIS) to the general obligation debt of Mount Kisco, New York. MIS cited the village's strong fiscal management, healthy financial position and reliance on stable revenue streams as reasons for the upgrade. The...
- Moody's Improves Outlook on Tennessee Debt, Citing Budget Reforms. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p36
Reports that Moody's Investors Service improved its credit outlook for Tennessee on August 3, 2004 from negative to stable, citing stabilizing state finances and actions taken to reform the state's health plan, TennCare. Affirmation of Tennessee's Aa2 rating; Increase in state sales tax rate.
- S.C. Eliminates Deficit, Restores Funds After Strong Fiscal 2004. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p5
Reports on the success of South Carolina in eliminating a deficit, restoring its general reserve fund, during its fiscal year 2004. Credit rating received by the state from Moody's Investors Service in 2003; Legislation passed to help maintain budget balance.
- Rating Agencies Weigh In Construction Risks. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;12/28/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32038, p6
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has revamped the criteria it uses to analyze construction risk in assigning ratings to the U.S. tax-exempt bond financed capital projects. Moody's incorporates construction risk and strategies used to mitigate the risk into its ratings....