Rehearsals Over, Schwarzenegger Strides Into His Meatiest Role Yet
- Calif. pols may slash HIV funding. WOCKNER, REX // Windy City Times;6/17/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p5
The article reports on the proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to reduce all HIV-related funding in the state.
- Calif. Democrats, Schwarzenegger Tilt Over Local Funding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p36
Reports on the resumption of the California budget negotiations after Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger returns from Austria. Cause of the delay in the budget for the fiscal year 2004; Deal between the governor and cities in the state; Statement of H.D. Palmer, the governor's budget spokesman,...
- Still No Consensus for California Lawmakers Over Fiscal 2008 Budget. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/29/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32661, p44
The article reports on the lack of agreement between California lawmakers regarding the fiscal 2008 budget. It was cited that the mechanics for passing a state budget usually require a two-thirds vote in both the Assembly and the Senate, giving advantage to minority Republicans if they stick...
- New Plans for California. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p1
Reports on the plans of Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzeneger in his first 100 days in office in San Francisco, California. Administration for the rebuild of economy; Indication for the audit of the state budget; Provision of report to the governor-elect.
- Schwarzenegger Taps Donna Arduin To Be California's Finance Director. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p4
Reports on the plan of California governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger to appoint Donna Arduin as director of finance for the state. Career highlights of Schwargenegger; Responsibility in dealing with structural budget deficit; Views on the relevance of finding cost savings in the state budget.
- California's Schwarzenegger Signs $189B Spending Plan for Fiscal '07. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p6
The article reports on the approval of California's spending plan for fiscal year 2007 by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in time for the constitutional deadline on July 1, 2006. The budget includes an estimated $4.2 billion of debt service on the state's general obligation and lease revenue...
- Schwarzenegger's Cuts. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31939, p1
Reports on the approval of the state budget by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Reduction of the funding for the California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority; Insignificance of the authority in a state government structure; Elimination of the agency to streamline...
- STATE OF THE STATE. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;3/8/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p59
Comments on several Propositions in California and their impact on the public finance policies of state Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2004. Defeat of Proposition 56 and its effect on Schwarzenegger's efforts to close a projected 2004-05 budget deficit; Victories on Propositions 57 and 58...
- Errant Shot. // Orange County Business Journal;3/21/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p75
Quotes a mother who was complaining about California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's spending plan for public schools.