Paying to Play in N.J
- RAISING EYEBROWS ON HIS WAY OUT. // njbiz;9/27/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p2
Reports on an executive order signed by New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey that limits pay-to-play campaign contributions from companies doing business with the state. Provision of the order; Details of a state audit of the spending of the Commerce and Economic Growth Commission; Views on...
- When Governors Turn Rainmakers. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;10/25/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p23
Discusses the plan of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey to join the Parsippany, New Jersey-based law firm Weiner Lesniak after he vacates his position on November 15, 2004. Factors that led to the resignation of McGreevey; Benefits of hiring high-ranking officials or Supreme Court justices...
- Betting on Jersey Democrat. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p1
Reports the financial support of lawyers, bond counsel and firms on the gubernatorial candidacy of James McGreevey in New Jersey. Rivalry between McGreevey and Bret Schundler; Details on the contributors and benefactors of the candidates; Reasons for the support extended.
- A PROMISE KEPT. Dyke, John Kerry // Insurance Advocate;4/5/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 13, p16
Speculates on New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey's chances of winning re-election. Scandals involving McGreevey's administration; McGreevey's campaign funds; McGreevey's record in going after insurance fraud.
- N.J. Agency Could OK Up to $2.7B. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p1
Reports on the scheduled voting of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority whether to approve a multibillion-dollar state contract bonds issue. Intended purpose of the issue; Estimate of John McCormac, state treasurer, on the size of the deal; Reference to a case against Democratic...
- McGreevey Pal Probe. // njbiz;3/8/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p2
Focuses on David D'Amiano, a high school friend of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey and the owner of several Carteret companies. Interest of federal agents in D'Amiano's fundraising strategy; Amount of money raised by D'Amiano for the U.S. Democratic party in 2003; Raid of the Trenton...
- Pay-to-Play Ban Signed. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31909, p35
Reports that New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey has signed into law a legislative ethics and campaign reform package. Ban on the practice of making political donations in return for government contracts; Reporting of legislators' financial disclosure requirements; Increase in penalties for...
- New Jersey's Governor Declares War on Sprawl. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p26
Reports on New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey's campaign against suburban sprawl in the state as of January 2003. Proposals made by the governor in his inaugural State of the State address; Reaction of municipal market participants to these proposals; Economic rationale of the governor's...
- NEW JERSEY: Newark Arena Action. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p41
Reports on the plans of New Jersey's prospective governor James McGreevey to build a sports arena in the state. Criticism of McGreevey's plan.