- ARIZONA: Water District Sues State. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/20/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33202, p9
The article reports on the lawsuit filed against Arizona Governor Jan Brewer and treasurer Dean Martin by the Central Arizona Water Conservation District. It notes that the lawsuit claims over two unconstitutional state budget-balancing financial sweeps. It states that the sweeps took 14 million...
- Illinois Governor Seeks Business Support for Capital Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/12/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32938, p3
The article reports that Governor Rod R. Blagojevich has enlisted the Chicago's business community to press the House Democratic leadership to pass a long-stalled partially bond-financed capital budget in Illinois. It mentions that Blagojevich called a sputtering economy the most pressing issue...
- Keep it simple. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/10/97, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the proposal by New Hampshire Center for Public Policy Studies to conduct an experiment in performance budgeting to focus on results by selected state agencies rather than on whether they spent all their money or returned some to the state treasury. Comparison of New Hampshire's...
- Everyone should be held accountable. Harris, Jody L. // PA Times;Sep97, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p21
Discusses the importance of the creation of the Commission on Performance Budgeting to oversee the implementation of Maine state government's performance budgeting system. Programs to be implemented by each state agency that receives direct state allocation; Accountability of agencies for...
- A case against individual performance budgeting. Lightle, Susan; Talbot, John // CPA Journal;Apr95, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p30
Demonstrates some of the fallacies associated with individual performance budgeting. Using standard labor dollars in performance budgets; Use of activity-based costing; Wallpapering approach.
- PROGRAM BUDGETING: Business Contribution to Government Management. Steiner, George A. // Business Horizons;Spring65, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p43
The words "program budgeting" are coming increasingly to the attention of the average manager in government as well as in private industry. Closely associated with the concept is cost-benefit analysis. Their application to government management is wrapped up in something of a mystery about what...
- MEASURING AND CREATING VALUE IN THE FIRE SERVICE. Frazeur, Don // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p91
Discusses the process involved fire service budgeting. Importance of having monetary measurement; Highlights of the value measurement techniques; Implementation of organizational model for creating value.
- Where does performance measurement go from here? Legnini, Mark W.; Rosenberg, Laurie E. // Health Affairs;May/Jun2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p173
Presents recommendations for reviving performance measures on quality-related characteristics of health plans and providers for small employers. Reassessment and reconstruction of the performance measures; Promotion of performance measurement through a national campaign; Change in the unit of...
- Trends and Issues in Performance-Based Budgeting. Pattison, Scott; Samuels, Nick // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2002, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the development of effective performance budgeting techniques by the state governments in the U.S. Benefits of performance-based budgeting; Importance of flexibility in the development of the technique; Availability of the measurement of performance.