- 'Jesus tax' plan dies. Hansen, Collin // Christianity Today;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p25
Talks about the proposal of Alabama Governor Bob Riley to increase taxes in the state. Reaction of voters to the proposal; Type of economy to be faced by Christians according to a debate surrounding the vote; Effect of the proposal of Governor Riley on churches and Christian organizations. ...
- Does Bible Demand Higher Taxes in Alabama? Moore, Stephen // Human Events;8/25/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 29, p7
Comments on the plan of Republican Alabama Governor Bob Riley to pass a tax increase in the state. Reason behind the plan; Influence of his religious affiliation on his decision; Questions raised concerning the credibility of his basis for an increase in payment rates.
- Without New Revenue, Legislature Lowers Aid. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;10/15/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p22
The article offers highlights of the recent legislative sessions in Alabama. Enrollment figures given in the article are based on fall 2002 data reported by state officials for pre-K-12th grade in public elementary and secondary schools. The figures for precollegiate education spending do not...
- Alabama's Republican Governor Bob Riley Easily Wins Nomination. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32398, p6
The article reports that Republican Governor Bob Riley took the party nomination for governor with 67 percent of the vote in the primary election in Alabama. Riley beat his opponent former state Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore. Moore was removed from office in 2003 after he refused to take...
- Alabama Governor Signs Budget, Eyes Special Session for Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p4
Announces the approval of Alabama Governor Bob Riley of the 2006 state general fund budget. Plan of Riley to consider a special session to ask legislators to approve a bond bill for school construction and to consider measures to relieve prison overcrowding in the state; Allocation of budget for...
- Stadium Shorted. Sigo, Selly // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p27
The article reports that Alabama Governor Bob Riley has said that the state could not afford the US$75 million of financial help to fund construction of a US$498 million stadium and entertainment complex in Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Alabama tax troubles. Shearer, Kent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/8/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p29
Discusses the taxation problems in Alabama as of December 2003. Efforts of Governor Bob Riley to revise the tax code in the state; Previous financial problems of Alabama; Plan of Riley for the tax code overhaul.
- Alabama Voters to Riley: Take A Hike. Freddoso, David // Human Events;9/15/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the rejection through a referendum of the proposal of Alabama Republican Governor Bob Riley to increase state taxes. Percentage of voters that voted no for the tax increase; Arguments of Riley on the tax increase; Remarks of Riley's constituents on the tax hike.
- Keep What You've Got. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31766, p31
Reports on the formation of the Commission on Existing Industries by Governor Bob Riley in Alabama.