Two South Texas School Districts Planning Major Bond Referendums
- School Successes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the approval of bond issues among the voters in two independent school districts in Houston, Texas.
- Plano, Tex., Schools Selling $129M of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31337, p4
Reports on the general obligation school bonds of Plano Independent School District in Dallas, Texas. Worth of the sold bonds; Firms handling the deal; Allocation of the proceeds of the sale to pending projects.
- Ga. School District Wastes No Time in Putting SPLOST to Work. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p4
Reports the marketing of the general obligation bonds of Henry County School District, Georgia. Recovery of the local economy; Use of revenue for school projects; Approval of the financing mechanism.
- District Halts Call After an SEC Warning. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p1
Reports the approval of resolution rescinding a call of bonds by the Area School District in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Caution on securities fraud violation by the Securities and Exchange Commission; Statement on the call rescinding by Fred Holland; Refund of the February 1985 bonds by the...
- Greenville, S.C., Schools Begin Selling Bonds to Pay Back BEST. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p40
Reports the marketing of the short-term general obligation bonds of the Greenville County School District in South Carolina. Completion of the school projects; Formulation of capital improvement plan; Recognition of the funding option.
- COLORADO: District of Deceit? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p33
Reports on the statement of administrators indicating Saint Vrain Valley School District, Colorado officials' knowledge about the financial problems of the district which they refrained from disclosing before a voter-approved bond issue as of November 2002. Supporting documents proving the...
- Record School Sale Pushed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/23/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33270, p9
The article reports on the 354 million U.S. dollars bond package for Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1 in Oklahoma that will continue a 20-year debt program for facility improvements, textbooks and technology, library materials, and transportation needs.
- Top 10 K-12 bond issues passed in 1998. // American School & University;Jan1999, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p3
Presents the top ten bond issues passed by individual school districts in the United States in 1998.
- Voters in Houston Suburb Approve Record Sale . // Bond Buyer;12/11/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31282, p36
Reports on the approval by Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District in Texas of a multimillion dollar general obligation bond package. Purpose behind the approval; Financial adviser and bond counsel on the deal; Tax rates for the district.
- Wichita, Kan., Schools Set For $95 Million GO Issue. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31473, p5
Reports the plan of school districts in Wichita, Kansas to issue general obligation bonds. Value of the bond authorization approved by the school district; Amount of general obligation bonds offered by the Unified School District #259; Reductions of district state funding.