Senate Begins Debate on HUD Bill; $2 Billion SRF Amendment Rejected
- Senator's Bill Would Reauthorize HOPE VI. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p4
Reports that senator Barbara Mikulski has introduced a legislation which will reauthorize the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's HOPE IV program. Plans of the federal government to eliminate the program; Aim of the program to demolish or rehabilitate severely distressed public...
- Senate Approves Funding for HUD, District of Columbia. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p5
Reports that the U.S. Senate approved two appropriations bills covering fiscal 2004 spending for the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development and the District of Columbia. Provisions of the two bills; Amount of funds approved; Purpose of the bill.
- HUD/SRF Spending Bills Inching Along. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31190, p5
Reports on a legislation that would authorize appropriations for the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. Appropriations for clean water and safe drinking water state revolving loan funds.
- OMHAR Reauthorization Legislation Goes to Senate; Passage Expected. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31289, p5
Focuses on approval of legislature by the U.S. senate for extending tenure of the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development's Office of Multifamily Housing Assistance Restructuring. Approval of appropriations bill by the senate; Bond financing for multifamily projects.
- Fairbanks Settlement Expected. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;11/11/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 217, p24
Industry sources expect Fairbanks Capital Corp. to announce a settlement with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) on Wednesday. In a press release Monday, HUD and the FTC said that they would hold a press conference Wednesday with...
- Mikulski, Bond Criticize HUD Budget Cuts. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;06/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31161, p4
Reports on the criticisms laid by Senators Barbara Mikulski and Christopher Bond against United States President George W. Bush's proposed multi-billion dollar budget for the Department of Housing and Urban Development for 2002. Deprivation of funding to vital programs; Probable deviation of...
- Razing a ruckus. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the Gulf Coast Housing Recovery Act (GCHRA) which aims to redevelop public housing projects in New Orleans, Louisiana. The bill was introduced by Senator Mary Landrieu with Senator Chris Dodd and gained support from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco and Mayor C. Ray...
- HUD Chief Urges Passage of Down-Payment Assistance Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31611, p5
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) secretary Mel Martinez called upon lawmakers to approve a legislation that would authorize a key housing initiative of the government, the proposed American Dream Downpayment program. The bill would authorize federal down payment assistance...
- House Panel Passes HUD Bill, Rejects Bush Section 8 Reforms. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p3
Reports on the U.S. House Appropriations Committee's approval of the fiscal 2005 spending package for the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development. Comparison with the agency's funding for the 2004 fiscal year; Reforms proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush's administration which was...