Maricopa County, Ariz., Boosted by New Health District
- Massachusetts hospital market: Handle with care, buyers say. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;03/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30606, p10
Focuses on investing in the health care industry in Massachusetts. Portfolio managers' efforts to benefit from the industry's changes while avoiding its pitfalls; Impact of managed care on revenues of hospitals; Bond ratings.
- Fitch Gives AA-Minus to Upcoming $35.5 Million Deal for Providence Health. Daulerio, A. J. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p35
Reports on the growth in rating of revenue bonds that the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority will issue on August 20, 2003 as Series 2003 H for the Providence Health System. Distribution of the health system; Factors that led to the growth in the ratings; Potential use of the...
- Competition prompts bond rating downgrades for Philadelphia systems. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov98, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p22
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has revised the bond rating outlooks on three major healthcare systems in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania market from stable to negative. University of Pennsylvania Health Services; Jefferson Health System; Temple University Health System.
- S&P, Moody's Offer Bleak Prognosis for Health Care Credits. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30681, p25
Reports on the ratings of bonds in the American health care sector during the first half of 1999. Volume of health care bonds downgraded by rating agencies; Speculations on the credit quality of the sector for the rest of the year.
- The Use of Projected Performance Sparks Some Second-Guessing. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;04/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30865, p7
Focuses on major rating agencies' practice of basing ratings on expectations of future performance. Series of bond rating downgrades in the health care sector; Controversy over the rating methodology; Rating agencies' contrasting approaches to the health care sector.
- Lawyers: Bankruptcy judges favor hospitals over creditors. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;12/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30791, p2A
Reports on the bond rating downgrades in the health care industry in the United States. Bankruptcies in the medical care industry; Settlement of nonprofit hospital cases.
- S&P Revises Outlook on N.J.'s St. Barnabas. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;6/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31656, p4
Standard & Poor's Corp. has changed its outlook from positive to negative on bonds issued for New Jersey's largest health care provider, because of an unexpected 10 percent reduction in revenues. The St. Barnabas Health Care System lost 140 million dollars in 2002 in revenue and is expected to...
- Methodist Healthcare Raised to A- by S&P. // Bond Buyer;6/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31667, p2
Standard & Poor's said it raised its rating on the Shelby County Health, Education, and Housing Facilities Board, Tennessee's bonds issued for Methodist Healthcare to A-from BBB-plus. The outlook is stable. The upgrade reflects the recent sale of the Memphis and West-Tennessee hospitals, which...
- Takedown in Tallahasse . Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p29
Reports on the rating of health care company Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare's multi-million dollars worth of outstanding bonds by rating agency Moody's Investor's Service.