Municipals Firm; $245 Million of Missouri Highway Bonds Price
- Muni Prices Firm 1/8 to 1/4 Point, Giving Support to New-Issue Deals. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p2
Reports on the support of municipal bond prices to price gains of U.S. Treasury Department. Action taken by the Federal Reserve bank regarding monetary policy; Improvement in the labor market and decrement in the job claims; Focus of Treasury department on the distribution of unsold...
- Muni Bond Indexes Mostly Unchanged. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;10/30/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F342, p1
In the week ended Oct. 29, the weekly average yield to maturity of the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index remained flat at 4.34% from the previous week. The BB40 Index is based on the price of 40 long-term bonds.
- Muni Indexes Strengthened. Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;8/19/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34163, p1
The article reports on the strengthening of Bond Buyer's municipal bond indexes for the week ending August 14, 2014 in the U.S.. Topics discussed include decline in the bond yield on the U.S. Department of Treasury's 10-year note, fall in the 20-Bond general obligation Index of 20-year general...
- Tepid Demand and Light Trading Close Shortened Thanksgiving Week. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;12/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31771, p2
Reports on the impact of the Thanksgiving holiday on the bond market in the U.S. Decline of municipal bond prices; Auction of the multi-billion two-year notes by the Department of Treasury; Rise on the cash bond yield in the municipal market. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, December 1.
- Treasury Statement Sends Long-Terms Tumbling, But Market Finds Its Footing. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32126, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury set the tone for the municipal bond market when it announced it might resume issuing 30-year bonds in 2006. The unexpected news sent long Treasuries tumbling, but the market found its footing, allowing tax-exempts to finish just a touch...
- Muni Bond Indexes Weaken. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;8/24/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34365, p1
The weekly average yield to maturity of The Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index, which is based on 40 long-term bond prices, was three basis points higher to 4.40% for the week ended Aug. 30 from 4.37% in the previous week.
- Treasury 5-Year Notes Go at 1.463% High Yield. // Bond Buyer;8/27/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34368, p1
The Treasury Department auctioned $35 billion of five-year notes, with a 1 3/8% coupon, a 1.463% high yield, a price of 99.577196.
- Treasury to Sell $35B 4-Week Bills. // Bond Buyer;9/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34370, p1
The Treasury Department said Monday it will sell $35 billion of four-week discount bills Tuesday.
- Muni Bond Indexes Weaken. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;9/4/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F334, p1
The weekly average yield to maturity of The Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index, which is based on 40 long-term bond prices, increased two basis points to 4.42% for the week ended Sept. 3 from 4.40% in the previous week.