TAXONOMIC REVISION OF RHINEBOTHROIDES (EUCESTODA: TETRAPHYLLIDEA: PHYLLOBOTHRIIDAE), PARASITES OF NEOTROPICAL FRESHWATER STINGRAYS (RAJIFORMES: MYLIOBATOIDEI: POTAMOTRYGONIDAE)
- Three new species of monogeneans parasitic on Atlantic cutlassfish Trichiurus lepturus (Perciformes: Trichiuridae) from Southeastern Brazil. de Carvalho, Adriano Reder; Luque, Jos� Luis // Acta Scientiarum: Biological Sciences;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p359
Three new species of monogeneans parasitic on the gills and esophagus of Trichiurus lepturus (Linnaeus, 1758) in the Southern Brazilian coast are described herein. Between July 2006 and June 2007, 120 specimens of T. lepturus were acquired from local fishermen in Guanabara Bay (23�1'52"S,...
- A revised key to the Neotropical cleptoparasitic anthidiine genera (Hymenoptera, Megachilinae) with notes and description of the male of Rhynostelis Moure & Urban. Urban, Danúncia; Parizotto, Daniele Regina // ZooKeys;12/7/2012, Vol. 249, p27
Rhynostelis Moure & Urban is a monotypic cleptoparasitic neotropical anthidiine genus currently known from two females. Herein, we describe and illustrate for the first time the male and its genitalia and it is confirmed that Rhynostelis parasitizes nests of Eufriesea. An identification key to...
- TWO NEW SPECIES OF COSMOCERCIDS (ASCARIDIDA) IN THE TOAD CHAUNUS ARENARUM (ANURA: BUFONIDAE) FROM ARGENTINA. Ramallo, Geraldine; Bursey, Charles R.; Goldberg, Stephen R. // Journal of Parasitology;Aug2007, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p910
The article reports on two species of cosmocercids in the toad Chaunus arenarim from Argentina. The section describes the new species of Aplectana and a new species of Cosmocercoides, the second, and first species of either genus, respectively, intestinal parasites of the toad Chaunus arenarim,...
- New Records for the Myxobiota of Turkey. Oran, Rasit Batur; Erg�l, C. Cem // Turkish Journal of Botany;2004, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p511
Twenty-two Myxomycetes species are new records for Turkey. Protophysaraceae Castillo, Illana & Moreno is a new family record and among these species Collaria arcyrionema (Rost.) Hertel is also a new genus record for the myxobiota of Turkey.
- The Crinoid Fauna (Echinodermata: Crinoidea) of Palau. Messing, Charles G. // Pacific Science;Jan2007, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p91
Taxonomic revisions and a recent survey using scuba place the number of shallow-water (<50 m) crinoid species known from Palau at 22. Five are new records: Clarkcomanthus littoralis, Comanthus suavia, Alloeocomatella pectinifera, Oxycomanthus comanthipinna, and O. exilis. A submersible survey...
- Rafflesia sharifah-hapsahiae (Rafflesiaceae), a new species from Peninsular Malaysia. ADAM, Jumaat HAJI; MOHAMED, Rahmah; JUHARI, Mohd Afiq Aizat; ARIFF, Nik Nadira Farhana NIK; WAN, Kiew-Lian // Turkish Journal of Botany;2013, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1038
A new species of the genus Rafflesia, Rafflesia sharifah-hapsahiae, is described, with illustrations. A key to 2 related species of Rafflesia of Peninsular Malaysia is also provided. A discussion on its differences and similarities with Rafflesia azlanii and Rafflesia hasseltii is presented.
- Systematics and Emerging Infectious Diseases: From Management to Solution. Brooks, Daniel R.; Hoberg, Eric P. // Journal of Parasitology;Apr2006, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p426
The article discusses topics about systematic biology and emerging infectious diseases. According to the author that systematic biology plays a crucial role in the arena of emerging parasitic and infectious diseases. The crisis of emerging infectious disease was associated with the absence of...
- Salivaria or Stercoraria? The Trypanosoma rangeli dilemma. Grisard, Edmundo C. // Kinetoplastid Biology & Disease;2002, Vol. 1, p1
The taxonomic status of Trypanosoma rangeli as well as the tools for its molecular characterization is briefly commented.
- Prey-predator mutualism in a tritrophic system on a camphor tree. Kasai, Atsushi; Yano, Shuichi; Takafuji, Akio // Ecological Research;Mar2005, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p163
We report the discovery of a mutualistic system encompassing prey-predator interactions. A domatium is a small space in a vein axil on the underside of leaves of woody angiosperms.Cinnamomum camphoraLinn. has domatia that harbor a microphytophagous eriophyid mite (sp. 1). We previously reported...