Keller, Tex,. ISD Head Being Probed
- Tarrant County, Tex., Drops Probe Of Keller School District Chief. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p6
Reports on the termination of the criminal investigation of Keller Independent School District for an alleged violation of the state's open-records law in Dallas, Texas. Reason behind the termination; Focus of the investigation; Response of school district superintendent Charles Bradberry to the...
- U.S. Probe Could Cost Western N.Y. Schools Millions in Medicaid Funds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31371, p3
Reports on the impact of the U.S. Justice Department probe on school districts in western New York. Interpretation of federal Medicaid reimbursement rules; Role of federal and state bureaucracy in interpreting the reimbursement rules; Consideration of policy solution for course action.
- Dallas Opens Integrity Office. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;9/20/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p5
The article reports that the Dallas, Texas school district has created an Office of District Integrity. The office will investigate anonymous tips of suspicious activity and will help to create better district oversight. The new office comes in response to investigations of misappropriation of...
- District's Use of Federal Funds Being Investigated. // Education Week;6/5/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 37, p3
The article reports on the investigation by officials of the U.S. Education Department regarding the use of more than 9 million dollars in federal flood-relief funds in Pike County, Kentucky. According to Jay Taylor, assistant superintendent in charge of purchasing for the county's school...
- EDUCATION. M. J. O'C. // America;2/15/1913, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p452
The article discusses issues related to education in the U.S. It examines the findings of the Hanus investigation on the common school system in New York. According to the article, the conclusion stated in the section of the Hanus report appear to prove that popular opinion is not ill-founded in...
- Keller, Tex., School Superintendent Quits Following Dispute. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p4
Reports that the board of directors of the Keller, Texas Independent School District accepted the resignation of superintendent Charles Bradberry. Allegations that Bradberry failed to comply with an open-records request; Investigation of the district's relationship with Mayfield during...
- San Francisco School Spending Investigated. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;05/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p6
Reports the investigation of fraud among San Francisco school administrators in California. Findings of the report by a private consultant; Statement of David Campos, deputy city attorney of San Francisco on the separate investigations conducted by different government agencies.
- after-school programs: an investment that pays off. Fletcher, Andria J.; Padover, Wayne // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p21
Points out that after-school programs can be an exceptionally cost-effective approach to supporting school district goals, such as improving student achievement and building vital community partnerships. Benefits to districts and communities; Balanced and diversified funding; Leveraging...
- opportunity: the other half of crisis. Ohm, Kathy // Leadership;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p28
Points out that the economic crisis in school districts in California provides an opportunity for improving effectiveness. Meeting the needs of all students; Curriculum; Lifelong learners; Organization.