Texas MAC Is Awarded Post Office
- DPC Offers New Central Disclosure Service. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p29
Announces the creation of a web-based disclosure service by Dissemination Partners Inc., a subsidiary of Fort Lee, New Jersey-based DPC Data Inc. Services that are provided free of cost; Cost of paper documents to issuers; People who will not be able to access the site.
- Feet are often faster than the post in Italy. Wentworth, Richard L. // Christian Science Monitor;6/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 149, p6
Reports on the delay in the postal services in Italy. Focus on the long delayed postcard posted by Bruno Delfino, a journalist for the local II Mattino daily; Reasons for the bad condition of the Italian postal service; Privatisation of postal service and its effects.
- One in 500 million: tracking a letter... Page, J. // Smithsonian;Sep88, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p96
Describes the author's curiosity to see what happened to an ordinary letter mailed in his hometown of Waterford, Va., to a friend in Albuquerque, N. Mex. With photographs, the article follows the letter through each step in the process from mailing to delivery.
- World of Stamps: Zanzibar. Sor-Reime, Geir // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;7/4/2003, Vol. 193 Issue 1, p22
Presents the brief history of the postal service of Zanzibar.
- USPS News:. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;10/24/2003, Vol. 193 Issue 17, p39
Presents a calendar of events issued by the United States Postal Service for the 2003 U.S. postal issues.
- 100 Years Ago in Mekeel's: Carelessness The National Vice From Mekeel's Weekly, January 30, 1904. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;1/30/2004, Vol. 194 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on carelessness in the U.S. postal service, as of January 1904.
- 50 Years Ago in Stamps: The March of the 80,000. Russell, W. L. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;3/5/2004, Vol. 194 Issue 10, p22
Presents the history of the Field Post Office founded by the Czechoslovak Army in Siberia in 1914.
- The Perils of Priority Box and Tape Procurement. Leszak, John L. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;8/13/2004, Vol. 195 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the demise of the free Priority boxes and tape procurement in post offices in the U.S.
- 50 Years Ago in Stamps: Dallas Postal History. Gaddy, A. E. (Gene) // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;3/25/2005, Vol. 196 Issue 12, p22
Provides an overview of the postal history of Dallas, Texas.