Miami-Dade Likely to Suspend Chapman Co. Over Indictments
- Courting the bull market. McDonald, Kimberly Seals; Smith, Eric L. // Black Enterprise;Jun98, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p31
Presents an interview with Nathan Chapman Jr., founder and president of Chapman Company. Company's public stock offering in February 1998; Chapman's market strategy targeting minority-run businesses; Company's revenues for the ten months ending October 31.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;11/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30764, p16
Presents a list of negotiated sales made by various business entities in various parts of the United States as of November 1999. Negotiations made by Westhoff, Cone and Holmstedt; Revenue bonds purchased and negotiated by PaineWebber Inc.; Issue purchases made by The Chapman Company.
- One- or two-sided web cleaner. // Plastics Technology;Sep96, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p57
Reports on Chapman Corp.'s introduction of a pneumatic web cleaner called the WEB-100. Ability to remove particles as small as one micron from a moving web by a non-contact method.
- Miami-Dade County Suspends Chapman Co. From Pool. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31777, p7
Reports that the Miami-Dade County Commissioners has suspended the Chapman Co. from its underwriting pool. Reason for the suspension; Charges field by the U.S. attorney Thomas DiBiagio; Loss of pension fund.
- How I did it. Sherrod, Lena // Essence (Essence);Nov98, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p76
Profiles Nathan A. Chapman Jr., president and chief executive officer of The Chapman Co., a full-service investment banking firm. Educational background; Route to the job; Types of businesses that the bank invests in; Challenges of taking the company public.
- In with the big boys. Smith, Eric L.; Douglas, Denise K.; Brown, Ann // Black Enterprise;Jun99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p42
Announces the offering of Aetna Retirement Services of its Chapman Domestic Emerging Market Equity Fund among its product options. Role of Chapman Co.; Clients; Comments from Nathan A. Chapman Jr., president at Chapman; Details of the agreement; Strategy.
- Chapman Companies. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;Jan98 Annual Franchisees, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p53
Profiles Bedford, Texas-based franchisee, Chapman Co. Recognition as one of the top 50 food service franchisees in North America; Establishment of the business by Barney Chapman II; Performance of fast food restaurant concepts, Dairy Queen, Churchs Chicken and Taco Plaza; Number of units; Total...
- Chapman acquires Bell Securities. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p28
Reports on Chapman Co.'s acquisition of African-American owned securities firm Charles A. Bell Securities Corp. Founder Charles Bell's reaction to the purchase; Negotiation of deal by Chapman executive Vincent McCarley.
- And one more makes 188. // Cabinet Maker;02/26/99, Issue 5127, p45
Reports on the competition among the oldest furniture retailers in Great Britain. R. Agar & Son; Alfred Smith & Son; Chapmans.