- US fire standard coming? Toloken, Steve // Urethanes Technology;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the debate over national fire standard in the U.S. Number of deaths from fires involving upholstered furniture in 1998; Reasons for industry groups to consider a mandatory national standard; Type of foams required by firefighters.
- PU Flexible Foams. Zhang Zhixiong // China Chemical Reporter;5/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p16
The article focuses on the annual growth in the output of polyurethane (PU) flexible foams in China. It was noted that China had 1,400 producers of PU flexible in 2004 and the output was 570 thousand tons, accounting for around 21% of the world total. The consumption of PU flexible in the...
- Safer foam on the horizon. // Cabinet Maker;2/3/2006, Issue 5474, p8
The article reports on the newly invented fire-retardant foam rubber that can be used in soft furnishings. Scientists from Glasgow's Strathclyde University have invented a polyurethane that is less toxic and more environmentally friendly than existing fire-retardant foam rubber. For the record,...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p5
Reports developments related to furniture industry in Great Britain. Launch of a certification scheme by the polyurethane foam industry to improve consumer confidence on the chemicals used in foam; Decline in the number of company liquidations; Contact information of the organization which...
- FANTASTIC FOAMING! MATTRESSES TO DELIGHT THE CUSTOMERS AT INTERZUM. White, Liz // Urethanes Technology International;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p24
Information about the Interzum furniture trade show in Cologne, Germany in May 2011 is presented. The event featured fascinating constructions for foam mattresses made from natural plant-based material using high-tech gel layers. Moreover, furniture companies including Eurofoam, Pelma, and...
- Serta unifying brands. PERRY, DAVID // Furniture/Today;1/26/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p2
The article discusses the launch of the iComfort and iComfort Directions, and the iSeries and iSeries Profiles of gel memory foam line from Serta Inc. during the 2014 Las Vegas Market furniture trade show.
- DÃ¶ÅŸemelik SÃ¼ngerlerin Statik Yorma PerformanslarÄ±nÄ±n Belirlenmesi. GÖK, Ayşe; YAPICI, Fatih; G&220;LSOY, Sezgin Koray; KURT, Şeref; ALTUN, Suat; KILINÇ, İzham; KORKMAZ, Mustafa // Journal of Forestry Faculty of Kastamonu University;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p285
In this study, change of hardness value of polyurethane foam used in furniture upholster was investigated. The dimension of test samples was determined that based on the surface of one seat 45x45x10 cm. The change of hardness value of test samples was determined after testing of fatigue...
- Shout about CertiPUR. // Urethanes Technology;Aug/Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p40
This article reports on a statement issued by Hubert Creyf, Europur secretary general, saying the certification scheme of Europur for assuring customers in the furniture sector of the quality of flexible polyurethane foam, called CertiPUR, is not well enough known at present. So he wants Europur...
- Kincaid to use eco-friendly Renew foam. // Furniture/Today;10/22/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p18
The article reports that Kincaid Furniture Co. Inc. will launch new eco-friendly cushions to its upholstery offerings using Renew, a foam process created by Carpenter Co.