Euro fire safety database
- Philly Deploys Fire-Vulnerabiliy Index. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;May2011, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that the Philadelphia Fire Department has utilized a fire-vulnerability index database in an attempt to determine high-risk population where fire incidence is high in Pennsylvania.
- TEAR DOWN THIS WALL! Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p8
Editorial. Comments on the need for broad-based timely usable fire department incident data in the U.S. Importance of data for fire protection services; Emphasis on ensuring dissemination of data to maximum extent; Enhancement of timely response.
- USFA releases confined structure fires reports. // Fire Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p51
The article reports that the U.S. Fire Administration has published "Investigation of Confined Structure Fires," which is the first account in the agency's Topical Fire Research series. The account focuses on confined structure fires and is based on the National Fire Incident Reporting System...
- LONG-LANE MARKING SYSTEM FOR WATER RELAYS. Fulmer, David B. // Fire Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p87
Reports on the development of a Long Lane Marking System by the Miami Township Division of Fire to relay water and the length of hose needed to accomplish the firefighting task in Florida. Repair and maintenance of the marker during the annual hydrant inspection; Creation of database of all...
- A Real-time Fire Evacuation System with Cloud Computing. Liou Chu; Shih-Jung Wu // Journal of Convergence Information Technology;Apr2012, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p208
An effective evacuation system can help people escape from building fire. Most evacuation systems consist of an indoor positioning system, a back-end database, and a display device with calculation and display software. However, very few of them can smartly determine which evacuation route is...
- Chemical tracking systems: Not your usual global positioning system! Roy, Ken // Science Scope;Apr/May2007, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p78
The article presents information on the chemical tracking system (CTS), which is considered to be a database of chemicals used in chemical laboratories. It has been observed that the proper implementation of the CTS may reduce purchasing costs, eliminate overstocking, and reduce disposal costs....
- California Burning. Barnes, Scottie // Geospatial Solutions;Mar2004, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on a centralized geographic information systems (GIS) database used by emergency managers to combat the wildfires engulfing Southern California in October 2004. Action plan of the Mountain Area Safety Taskforce (MAST) for reducing the risk of a major fire; Support for decision-making...
- Easier is better with fire annunciators. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p95
Gives information on fire annunciators, which are critical to firefighters' ability to respond to fire alarm conditions. What is an annunciator; Information on traditional annunciators; Details on the point-ID annunciation; Details on signals and indications of the annunciation. INSET: At a...
- Watch What You Heat! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/2/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p3
This article explains that October 8-14, 2006 is Fire Prevention Week in the U.S. and this program has been started in 1922.