'Generation Dean' Signs On
- When Old Media Confronted Howard Dean. Lyndon, Chris // Nieman Reports;Spring2004, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p30
This article comments on the campaign of Howard Dean as presidential candidate in the U.S. Generally, the 2004 campaign has been about the power of the mass media and Internet democracy. For the Internet-minded, the core issue in 2004 lies outside party lines or the standard list of left-right...
- The Internet Beat on the Campaign Trail. Pindell, James // Nieman Reports;Spring2004, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p33
This article offers insights on the role of the Internet in political campaigns and political journalism in the U.S. Following the 2000 presidential election cycle, news organizations and political campaigns had learned how to make the Internet play a critical role in their work. Strategists...
- Deaniacs, Take Two. Sargent, Greg // New York;4/26/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p17
Looks on the efforts of New York City mayoral candidates to replicate Howard Dean's successful use of the Internet to raise money and to get voters to organize outside traditional political structures. Use of the Internet as a political campaign tool; Fernando Ferrer's decision to hire the...
- Campaigning on the Web. Conhaim, Wallys W. // Information Today;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p25
The article discusses the use of the Internet in political campaigns. Much has been made of Democrat Howard Dean's savvy use of the Internet to garner support for his presidential candidacy. But partisans choose their candidates on the basis of who can win for their party. And as the election...
- There's A Chill in The Air. Fineman, Howard; Tuttle, Steve // Newsweek;9/15/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 11, p56
Focuses on the campaign of Howard Dean who is running for President of the U.S. How Dean changes his position on issues; How Dean's campaign is based on the Internet; Traditional aspects of Dean's campaign.
- Howard Dean rally to crowd Bryant Park. // Crain's New York Business;8/25/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p1
Nearly 3,000 people have preregistered to attend a Bryant Park, New York City, rally tomorrow for presidential candidate Howard Dean. Echoing the grassroots flavor of the former Vermont governor's campaign, the 8: 30 p.m. rally is expected to top 5,000 attendees. However, the only local...
- Fight the Power. Peterson, Shane // Government Technology;May2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
Comments on the use of the Internet in the electioneering of U.S. presidential candidate Howard Dean for the November 2004 elections.
- The Dean Dream. Rivero, Victor // Government Technology;May2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the possible trend toward Internet campaigning in the U.S., in relation to the use of the Web site meetup.com in the political campaign of U.S. presidential candidate Howard Dean for the November 2004 elections. Inception of the idea; Impact of such campaign on state and local...
- The Doc's Successful Operation. Barnes, James A. // National Journal;1/3/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p31
Discusses the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination of Howard Dean, former governor of Vermont. Advantages of Dean over other candidates vying for the Democratic presidential nomination; Role of the Internet in the campaign of Dean; Expectations on the candidacy of Dean.