Tax Fixes Hinted
- Some advice for our new governor. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Presents suggestions for the governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan elected in the year 2002. Priority for urban development; Increase in diesel tax; Concern for the business community.
- KEITH CRAIN: And now the really hard work begins. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Focuses on challenges faced by the governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm. Stimulation of business; Increase in taxes; Need for cooperation of both the parties for success.
- Granholm Spends 'Vacation' Time Well. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the tour of Governor Jennifer Granholm to promote Michigan's tourism industry, as of June 9, 2003. Estimated amount spent by Michigan on in-state travel; Places visited by Granholm in Grand Rapids; Information on the budget of Illinois for tourism promotion.
- Gun Lake Compact Signed By Governor. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/12/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the decision of Grand Rapids Governor Jennifer Granholm to sign an agreement with Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi to allow Class III gaming at its Gun Lake Casino in Michigan. A dismissal of a lawsuit filed by Michigan Gambling Opposition to place the land...
- MICHIGAN: Wanted: Emergency Advice. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p9
The article reports on Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm's appointment of a panel of experienced professionals to review the state's financial situation and make recommendations on how to avoid future budget problems. Two former Michigan governors were included in a meeting of the Emergency...
- Granholm's agenda. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p1
Reports on steps taken by Jennifer Granholm regarding the agenda that she proposed during the election of Governor. Proposals on urban development; Percentage decline in general fund spending; Legislation on minimum-wage and unemployment.
- Stagnant state economy greets new officeholders. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p31
Focuses on the economic conditions of Michigan during the incumbency period of governor Jennifer Granholm. Unemployment rates in the different counties of the state; Decline in the manufacturing jobs; Comparison of state industry jobs.
- Michigan's Granholm OKs Tobacco Bond Authority, Vetoes Some Tax Cuts. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32265, p44
Reports that Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm has signed tobacco securitization plan into while vetoing several provisions in the tax cut plan. Use of tobacco settlement revenue to funds grants and loans; Support of Granholm in single business tax.
- Minor cuts just won't cut it as state ponders $1.7B deficit. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;2/3/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the budget cuts expected to be proposed by Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm in the 2004 general-fund budget of the state. Possibility of cuts in medicaid services; Savings expected from budget cuts to universities and colleges; Implications of the possible reduction in the budget...