Fitch Analyst Calls for More Realistic Toll-Road Forecasts
- Harris County, Tex., Looks at Options for Toll Road System. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p3
The article reports on investment banks' investigation of options for Harris County Toll Road Authority in Texas to make the road system more profitable including privatization and long-term lease. Financial adviser First Southwest Co. will coordinate the efforts of banks assigned to the studies...
- A change in the policy climate? Current European perspectives on road pricing. Grieco, Margaret; Jones, Peter M. // Urban Studies (Routledge);Nov94, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p1517
Examines the changes in attitudes towards road pricing in the European Community across the range of members states and their geographical neighbors. Mobility of European road-pricing projects; Interaction of political and technical pressures; Policy impulses behind electronic road pricing;...
- Bumpy Road. Bloom, Roger // Orange County Business Journal;12/03/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p5
Reports on the success of the debt restructuring of the California Transportation Co. in Los Angeles, California. Controversy over the tolls of the 91 Express Lanes; Reaction of commuters to the announcement of the tolls.
- Arkansas toll plan advances. Heine, Max // Overdrive;Apr99, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on plans for the development of toll booths on Interstates by the Highway Commission in Arkansas. Opposition of the Arkansas Motor Carrier Association (AMCA) on the proposal; Toll charges and provisions; AMCA proposals as an alternative for the tolling project.
- FIRMS WIN BID TO EXTEND HIGHWAY. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/24/1999, Vol. 242 Issue 20, p30
Reports the construction of an extension to the electronic toll highway in Toronto, Ontario. Responsibility of a Canadian-Spanish consortium to design and operate the extensions; List of members financing the extension; Features of the highway.
- Higher toll for aging roads. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p1
Highlights a report commissioned by Illinois Governor George Ryan on the financial state of tollways in the state. Cost of repairing the state's toll roads; Plans to increase tolls to cover the cost of maintaining the tollway system; Revenues generated by the system annually.
- Automatic E-Z pass continues to make inroads in northeast toll collection plazas. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;08/06/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30203, p30
Features transportation agencies in the United States employing the E-Z Pass toll-collection system, which enable motorists to use toll roads without stopping. Effect of the use of the technology on the agencies' credit ratings; Standardization of toll-collection mechanisms across different...
- Car hauliers blast German toll plan. // Motor Transport;4/24/2003, p3
Reports that the European Car-Transport Group of Interest has attacked the German road toll system due to go live on August 31, 2003.
- Private Firm Takes on South Bay Toll Road Project. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p13
Reports that California Transportation Ventures Inc. is planning to build Highway 25 as a toll road. Estimated cost of the proposed development project; California Transportation's plans of issuing binds to raise capital for construction; Tentative date of commencement and completion of the...