Oklahoma's 10.4% Tax Revenue Climb Could Be Part of Regional Rebound
- Omaha, Douglas County Merger Could Boost Growth. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p4
A full merger of the city of Omaha and Douglas County in Nebraska could make economic expansion easier within the state's largest metropolitan area. Omaha makes up 84.1% of the population of Douglas County. A merger could allow the city and county to annex those districts as well as several five...
- Irrelevant Measures of Americans' Hostility to Taxes. Reynolds, Alan // Challenge (05775132);Sep/Oct91, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p50
Presents a response by Louis Ferleger and Jay R. Mandle to a commentary about their article on taxation and economic growth in the U.S. in the July-August 1991 issue.
- Economist: Taxes continue to hinder regional growth. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/03/96, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p9
Argues that the state of New York must reduce taxes if it wants to stimulate economic growth, according to business economist Jeff Thredgold. Comparison of state tax rates with other states; Tax burden that holds down regional growth; Comments from Thredgold.
- State needs government overhaul. Kiely, Patrick J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/23/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p13
Comments on the need for government reform in Indiana. Legislative session for tax increases; Alignment with the private sector; Accountability for education and economic development.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING THE CITY OF BURNET 4B ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROPOSITION. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);4/30/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 18, p13A
The article presents questions and answers related to the 4B economic development proposition of the city of Burnet in Texas including the economic development sales tax, the 4A funds and the concept of proposition.
- Are taxes always terrible? Cochnar, Bob // New Mexico Business Journal;Feb98, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p10
Opinion. Presents the author's views about the taxation in New Mexico. Prediction on the possibility of tax increase proposals during the Legislative Session in February 1998; Development-related areas that could be funded by revenue from tax; Funding that could be generated from a half-cent...
- Planning for the island's economic future. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/06/97, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p33
Reports on the progress of various economic development plans and projects related to taxes and finance in Long Island, New York. Long Island Association's support of Bidders Bill of Rights to ensure equitable bidding contracts and requirements; Possibility of a unified purchasing network for...
- Calling All Opinion Writers. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/12/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p13
The article offers information on an invitation to reader's of the journal regarding their opinion on topics including entrepreneurship, economic development policies and taxes and regulations.
- Tobacco tax reduction still the right answer. Weyler, Ken // New Hampshire Business Review;12/16/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p15
The author discusses the need for a tobacco tax reduction scheme to promote economic growth in New Hampshire in 2011.